HIV-1/HIV-2 SCREEN (Standard Name)
Turn Around Time1 DAYReference RangesAge Sex Component Normal RangeM/F NEGATIVEHIV Combo: Absence of HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies, absence ofHIV antigen.Can you please tell me, which generation test is this? how long is the window period for this test? and can you tell me the accuracy of result for this test after 3 months?Thank you I'm really suffering from HIV symptoms(swollen lymph nodes, weight loss, extremely fatigue, tired and painful legs, memory loss and etc all the symptoms of HIV or even Aids) and all my results are negative after 3months of high risk exposure. Please help ASAP!!!!
What does this comment mean?:
COMMENT:The kit simultaneously detects:i)HIV-1 antibodies (lgG & lgM class of sub-type O & gp41) and HIV-2 antibodies (lgG class of gp36)ii) P24 antigen*The test aims to reduce the window period and picks the patient in very early stage.Note:High Antibody level may mask the antigen result and vice versa. The test value is not displayed for the masked result and the message ND - NOT DETERMINABLE appears in the result.
got 4 generation test at 6 weeks after 46 days
Index of antibody =0.09
Index of P24 Antigen =0.02
Threshold and interpretation of result:
Index i interpretation
i less than 0.25 Non-reactive for Antigen (P24)And Antibody
i grater than 0.25 Reactive for Antigen (P24) Or Antibody
This result indicate positive or nagative???
Index of antibody =0.07
Index of P24 Antigen =0.00
Threshold and interpretation of result:
Index i interpretation
i < 0.25 Non-reactive for Antigen (P24)And Antibody
i > 0.25 Reactive for Antigen (P24) Or Antibody
why Index of P24 Antigen =0.00 ???
if i have hiv test done at 3, 9, and 13 weeks with hiv combo (pg24 and antibodies) and i have immune disorder; can the combo test detect antigens if not antiboies? and still I'm experiencing hiv symptoms, mostly painful lymph nodes, fatigue and weight loss.
Hi I had an unprotected encounter with a female - whose status I don't know, a sex worker. I had stray symptoms like sore throat and dry cough but I am anyway a toncilitis patient, and as I read from various threads in your forum not to go by symptoms. No fever, flu though. Some pimples here and there. After 6 weeks 3 days exactly after exposure, I got tested in 2 leading pathological clinincs who provide results online (i.e., I need not go back to the clinic again for report collection). The test results are like this at 6 weeks 3 days:
1. HIV I&II Antibody Screen (Rapid) - Non-Reactive
2. HIV Screening Test 1&2 Antibody - Enzyme Immuno Assay Technique - Non-Reactive
3. HIV 1/2 & P/24 COMBO TEST (Ref Range <1 Non-Reactive, >=1 Provisionally Reactive) - 0.32 Non-Reactive
4. HIV-1 RNA QUANTITATIVE, REAL TIME PCR using COBAS AMPLIPREP & TAQMAN( Linear Range <20 to 1.0 X 10power7) - Target Not Detected
5. Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 (HIV-1) RNA Quantification (Viral load) - COBAS TaqMan (Limit of Detection 20 - 10,000,000 copies/ml) - NOT APPLICABLE, BELOW 20 6. WESTERN BLOT - ALL [ENV],[GAG],[POL] NEGATIVE; Conclusion - HIV I & II Negative Is this conclusive or I need to test again @ 12 weeks? How much chance do I have to turn positive?
I have had unprotected sex, 2 years ago and was in doubt of catching HIV/AIDS it happened in Pakistan with a married house wife.
I had three test within last week all of them came NON- REACTIVE. Using CMIA, ELISA & ECLIA ( All HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody, antigens P24).
1. I want to know what should i conclude from them ?
2. Do these test look for rare subtypes/groups/ subgroups whatever.
3. Do i need to go some other tests like RNA, Western Blot ?
4. Do these tests look for all subtypes/ subgroups ? i.e M,N,O,P ?
had unprotected sex with sex worker due to condom broke for 5 min.Had hiv ag/ab (cmia) combo test the next day which was unreactive. again went for same combo test after 10 days and it was negative. Is it a good sign becoz of no p24 pathogen detection .Advice me what sud i do next?when sud i get tested again and which test Combo or HIVPCR DNA qualitative for hiv1?
hi there and thanks in advance that you all are doing such a good job ofrelaxing the tensions of lakhs of buddies like me...
i had following tension-i did combo test for hiv 4 timesfirst time 3 months post exposure index was 0.08,second time 4 monthsafter post exposure index was 0.11, third after 5th month index was0.14 and last one now around 7th month after post exposure index was0.18 my questions are-
1. am i infected with hiv
2. why is this increase in index all the times? this scares me a lotand also if this increament continues i will become hiv positive inapprox 33 months according to combo test.
3. i have done survey on internet from last 7 months and found thathiv subgroups n and p are newly introduced in 2007 and 2009 resp andno test reports this. also i have read that new subtypes are going tobe indroduced in future.. and i think according to the survey i havedone this is true.
i am very scared as i am suffering from the symptoms such as fatiguemostly and all other symptoms since last 6 and half months. tell methe truth please i will be very thankful to you all please help me iwill not repeat the mistake again. save me or else i will become maddue to all this.
4. i am from india and my question is that i know that there are manysubtypes and i think that i have infected with the newer and rearersubtype and the increase in index of combo and symptoms suggest it.Please clear all my doubts.
5.Western Blot is confirmatory test and shall I do it for the rearer subgroubs detection if i am infected.or else tell me a confirmatory test...
Once again a tons of thanks to all the voluntiers
Monica - First, thank you for taking the time to discuss my concerns earlier this week. I just wanted to follow up re: the accuracy of RNA vs. antibody testing. You mentioned the RNA test would be [only] 99% accurate at my testing point (1 year after exposure). However, my understanding is that after 30 days this margin of error relates only to the chance of a false-positive, not to a false-negative (given that PEP was not used). This distinction is important to me because my concern is the possibility of a false negative antibody/ 4th generation test at one year, which may be exceedingly rare, but (unlike RNA testing) could still occur. I should add that I would not be worried were it not for the fact that I experienced very severe ARS-like symptoms in the weeks following the exposure. However, due to the public health policy in Ontario, my GP has no way cross-check with an RNA test. Best wishes.