I recently wrote in about performing oral sex with ejaculation(swallowing) and testing was not recomended. I went ahead and tested at 43 days after exposure anyways and my test came back non reactive. Like many others I thought my worries would be gone after this yet here I am again with more questions. I apologize in advance if they seem repetitive of others inquiries before.
1. The test taken says HIV1 / 2 ag/ab combo screen. What generation test is this and at 43 days is this conclusive for oral sex?
2. Because my test was taken at 43 days does that mean either the antigen or antibodies would have surely showed up by this time? What would take them longer to show up?
3. Ive read answers on this forum that say 6 weeks is conclusive but if you've been at high risk to test out to 12. Why does the risk have effect on timing ?
4. At the fourth week after exposure I was extremely naseous and fatigued for a couple days. Testing was about two weeks after this. If this was in fact ars would the test have came back reactive?
5. The only reason I am still worrying is because of my constant white tongue. I know symptoms are not used as diagnosis but is this common in early HIV or shows up after years of having the virus? Would this be a reason to retest?
6. Is 6 months too long to wait to retest, could someone get deathly sick in this short time period?
7. Lastly why are some oral exposures recommended testing when others like mine where there was ejaculation and a sore throat present not? Is HIV from oral rare or low risk...
Thank you for your time. Your responses really help me and a lot of people who are struggling or not well informed.
hello i just found out im infertal! can this effect my past hiv test? can infertality influence hiv tests?
had a few risks as a teen after 3 years done 2 4th generation test came negative after 4 years 2 negative hiv test after 5 years 1 negative hiv test! now i want to marry and try for child can i be certain im hiv negative!
I had a reactive result to my HIV 1+2 Ab + HIV p24 AA test. Then they re-ran the test (protocol) and the HIV 1 RNA (PCR/NAAT) test found "No HIV 1 RNA detected" and the interpretation was that it was not consistent with HIV infection but a follow up EDTA is required to confirm.
I am now waiting for the results of the EDTA and my anxiety is through the roof!!
What are the chances that the initial test was a false positive? Is it more likely that the first test was a false positive or that the second test was a false negative?
On March 28th I had protected sex with a woman unknown HIV status. She performed unprotected oral on me and I inserted my fingers in her that I later may have put in my mouth. 14 days after the incident I was tested with the RNA test. The result was negative . On the 44th day I was retested with 4th generation test which was also negative. Do I need to test again or can I trust that the two test in combination are conclusive?
its a follow up question..
have done 4th gen elisa (Lab indicated its a 4th gen elisa on biorad) after5 months of exposure and its neg,
the cut off value is indicated 3.00
kindly guide whether this is a dependable test result
(note done a cmia 4th gen on 84th day, which was also neg)
Awaiting your response
Thanks a lot in advance
Hi!, an 84 days test (chemiluminescence) after PEP (Truvada) is trustworthy?.
First of all i would like to thank you for the service and support you provide!
and now to my question..
I had a risky HIV exposure almost 9 weeks ago and since than I have developed pretty much every ARS symptom in the book.
It all started 3 weeks after exposure: night sweats, fever, weight loss (7 kg), after that enlarged lymph nodes in groin, then armpit, then neck.
At the same time I was diagnosed with pharyngitis (sore throat with rased bumps on lymhatic tissue-back of the throat), and I have read in BASHH guidelines it is a symptom of ars.
Now at this moment I was sure I was infected so my doctor told me to get tested at 4 weeks, so I did the following:
4 weeks duo - negative
5 weeks duo - negative
6 weeks duo - negative
7 - weeks duo - negative
almost 8 weeks duo - negative
I dont know why these test comes back negative, I have also changed 3 clinics just to be sure if there is something wrong with the test.
How long after onset of ARS will people test positive?
I have also read new (2014) UK window peroid guidelines saying 8 weeks duo is conclusive, when do you consider it is conclusive:
Tommorow I am going to take my 9 week duo test and I am so scared it will turn out to be positive.
i am so worried because i have symptoms as my partner (girl) has symptomes.
i am a male 32. i had unprotected sex with a female (csw) in 2013.
- did a rapid test (finger blood) after 6 weeks it came negative.
- i did a second rapid test after 15 weeks came negative.
and after 10 months i did :
- ECLIA test : Anti HIV1 &2 & sous-type 0 + Ag p24 and
- chromatographique rapide.
- all STD test = results are negative
after 3 years now i have symptoms like shortness of breath and dry cough with no responding to inhaler. and repeated night sweat.
my partner girl symptoms
- irregular period and to much bleeding during the period
- Abnormal vaginal discharge.
can you help me and telling me what to do please. do i have to test again??
my life is getting so bad.
Had an oral with CSW ( HIV status not known) 20 days ago. 7 days after had anal and vaginal unprotected with partner. 4 days after ( 11 from my CSW oral) both me and my partner fell sick with flu symptom. NO fever or rash. No real tiredness just a runny/blocked nose and little cough. Got tested Combo @ 14 days ( from first CSW oral) and got negative 0.259 COI.
Today my partner caught severe flu plus mild fever 37-37.5 ( 2 weeks of our unprotected anal and vaginal).
1- is it possible I caught infection and transmitted it to partner through anal and vaginal?
2- any value added from my combo reading in 2 weeks
3- I will do 3 weeks combo tomorrow and planning the 4th, what do you think
4- hypothetically, if there is an infections and then some symptoms it means in this scenario HIV shall be detectable in 2 weeks COMBO
i had high risk sex many times with unknown girl and got checked up myself for hiv on 5th month, 6th month, seventh month and 8th month all came negative. i did hiv elisa 4 gen and western blot test. And now its been a year from a time when i had high risk sex. But i got scalp folliculitis and one large swollen nodes on my neck just behind ear from more than three months which is not going away. so I also have heard that hiv infected people develop the swollen nodes on neck and also the hair issues. Is this true??? are all my test result is conclusive ? do i need to checked up for hiv again??