Hi I would like to firstly thank you for the great service you are doing for anxious people like us. Recently I've conducted 2 tests with SD Bioline HIV Ag/Ab combo tests and they show Negative. Is the tests conclusive for exposure which is more than 2 years ago?
Your advise is much appreciated.
1. I had sex with a sex worker on 15th August 2013. I tested negative for HIV and positive for Hepatitis C 2 months after the incident. My SGOT and SGPT were elevated. I started with Interferon based treatment on 1st of January 2014. It lasted for 24 weeks. I last tested for HIV 73 days after completing HCV treatment (one year and 15 days after the sexual incident). It was negative. . My CD4 counts 25 days after the sexual incident was 854. I tested for cd4 counts 3 other times, they were 454, 421 and 423. The last two cd4 counts were 2 months after the end of Hepatitis C treatment.
2. Second Incident - A male sex worker licked my nipple and slightly bit on them. 2 days after the incident I took Hepatitis B vaccine. 4 days after the injection I had 100 degree Fahrenheit fever for 6 days.There was no other sexual contact with the worker. I did not see any blood on my nipple, there was no cut either.
I did not test for HIV after this incident, assuming it was not a risk situation.
3. 2016 June. I have protected vaginal sex with a girl. She gave me a blowjob, precum came in her mouth. There was no ejaculation of semen. 15 days after the incident , she had fever and sore throat that lasted for 3 days. Then 1 motnh after the incident she had extreme gas and bloating. She has been hospitalized for the last 4 days and has been diagnosed with colitis. She is unable to eat and is vomiting.
4. Now, I am very afraid. I have read on your site that Hepatitis C treatment can delay antibody production for HIV. My last HIV test was 73 days after completion of HCV treatment and one year and 15 days after the first sexual contact. The HCV treatment had started 4.5 months after the sexual contact. Can I conclude from this that I did not acquire HIV from the first incident?
5. I did nit test after the 2nd incident because I thought it did not carry any risk.
6. My third sexual exposure, considering her severe symptoms, I am worried that I gave HIV to her. Help. I am feeling very guilty and lost.
7. Am I infected with HIV or not?
First of all, thank you for your concerns and interests on this question.
I'd like to ask all of you several questions about HIV symptoms.
I took 4th duo test at 6 weeks after unprotected vaginal intercourse, and test result was negative. Additionally, I took RT-PCR at 3 weeks and it was also negative.
But such symptoms as one lymph node swollen on my front neck with sore throat and muscle pain around armpit have started from 4 weeks, until now. Fortunately, I have no fever and rash.
I believe that my duo test is almost conclusive for HIV-1, but have some doubt for HIV-2. My questions are as follows ;
(1) Is there any possibility of HIV-2 related to my symptoms?
(2) Is Lymph node swollen symptoms occurred mostly like persistent generalized?
(3) How much can I believe my HIV-2 negative result for my duo test?, I don't think that I can not believe 100% for HIV-2 at 6 weeks test negative result.
Your sincere opinion would be valuable for me. Thanks in advance.
I had a possible exposure (Unprotected-Vaginal) Intercourse with a person (HIV Status-Unknown)
I got tested at 108th day from the date of intercourse.
Test: HIV 1 & 2 (Serum)
Query: Can this test be termed conclusive?
I have not seek any advise from a medical professional and got a random test. Can I be assured of me being HIV Negative?
Any chances of it being False Negative?
Is there a need to retest as I've only tested once?
So I found a condom that glows in the dark , unused in its package , the package was little bit damaged ( it had a small cut probably because people might have stepped on it , and the color of the package was faded as well ). The condom didn't have any fluids or what so ever, it was unused , just a little sand ( I live near the beach ) . So I wore it just to see how the condom looks . Is it possible that i have caught any STDs ? I am so worried. I want to do a blood test .
thanks in advance
HAS HIV EVER BEEN detected in the first40-42 days with a third generation elisa??? I had a test after 40 days..I had unprotected sex with a girl...I am a male..i tested negative after 40 days...has it ever been detected that soon?
I have a sexual health question. I've received oral sex a couple of times, the last time being about two years ago. I've only ever experienced it maybe four times with different people. But lately I've started getting paranoid about std's and HIV especially. Do you think i should get checked out?
I received unprotected oral sex from a sex worker on the 4th of June..i wasn't worried and got tested for HIV (blood test) on the 10th of July (36 Days later) results came back negative..two days later i started experiencing Flu like symptoms, Headache, a fever five days later and sore throat...now i am extremely worried this be seroconversion..i hope i am wrong..and its winter time this side.
first the all, I'm sorry for my English.
Two weeks ago I had had something like food poisoning (chills, 39C, diarrhea, sweating, dizziness, tiredness) I did all blood tests include HIV. The result is: HIV 1/2 - negative; Combo test - reactive. I did combo test again, and after one week got the result - non reactive.
Tell my please, is it Combo test true? Which one is true - first or second?
Hello, i am a male 22 years of age. I recently had a couple of high risk exposures, which being the last exposure was 5 months ago. i went to my pcp, worried i could of possibly contracted hiv. I got tested at 7 weeks of last exposure. It was the 4th generation test, and was negative. But i tested positive for hsv-1, and on my sheet my wbc was high, she didnt mention it to me. I felt relieved then started worrying again and got another test done at 80 days. Also negative and was 4th generation test. I wake up everyday and worry that i still some how contracted it... After about a month of the last test i found 6 brown circles on my stomach so i went to my pcp that day. i showed her and told her my left tonsil has been swollen for a couple weeks i just decided to tell her sense i was there already. She said it was ringworm, and said it can be from humid weather or excessive sweating, which makes sense because i was outside for a long time helping put a pool up in 90 degree weather and the next day is when i seen it. I still think its linked to hiv... She prescribed fungal cream and it was gone within a week and scheduled for a follow up appt on my tonsil in 3 weeks. After the rash went away i found i had a white tounge then found couple mouth ulcers in my mouth, which i get them on occasion, but never can remember getting one when the other is going away and also noticed a lump in the crease of my leg. I rubbed the other side and coudnt feel anything, it was only on that one side. I didnt go to the doctor for these 3 things, i was to scared thinking there all connected to hiv. by this time it was time for my follow up appt and everything was gone but i had a fever blister on lip and i told her about those other symptoms and showed her my lip, she didnt seem to concered and said the blister on my lip was from the hsv. Im so scared that for some reason all these things are due to hiv.