PLEASE help and advise with regards to the below exposure. I would be sincerely and deeply grateful.
1) I finger pricked myself with a lancet device to check my blood glucose. I am not a diabetic, but still like to occasionally check my blood glucose just to stay informed about my blood sugar levels. After 24 hours (1 day) of this finger prick test, I had an exposure with a commercial sex worker whom I fingered, in her vagina with the SAME finger to pleasure her which I had pricked 24 hours ago. This was the ONLY type of exposure I had with her (fingering her to pleasure her) . Please advise :
A) what are my chances of contracting HIV ?
B) whether I should get tested for HIV ?
2) For non diabetic people, how long (minutes? hours? days ?) does the finger pricked with lancet take to heal (I mean that finger prick hole to close again and become a barrier for any infection or virus like HIV to go through) ?
Anxiously awaiting your reply to the above two questions. God bless. Thank you so very much.
Hello! I would first like to thank you all for the amazing work you are doing for the people, I have been going through vast array of informations on this website and found all of them very helpful.
I hate to admit it but, I had a sexual encounter with a sex worker exactly 8 weeks and two days ago. During the session, we had protected vaginal sex for about five minutes, she rimmed me for about a minute after, gave me unprotected oral sex, then I fingered her and masturbated my penis with some vaginal fluids present on my hand (I am circumsized, but my inner foreskin is still exposed as it was done when I was 16). What mentally destroyed me about this incident is that during the following month, I have had recurrent mouth ulcers.
I understand that use of condom during vaginal sex with fairly effective and that unprotected oral sex is negligible risk. However, I have been having trouble finding information regarding having vaginal fluid on hand and then touching penis, and receiving rimming. Are there any risk in these activities?
Also, I have taken OraQuick tests at 3 and 6 weeks post exposure, which came back negative. Is this result accurate or do you recommend that I retest at 8 weeks or 12 weeks?
A very concerned man in Florida.
So I went to a public hospital to accompany a friend recently. We however need to go to the laboratory to get some results but along the way we have to pass a corridor with a door with a curtain. When I passed there, I noticed some blood stains and spots in the curtain which apparently looked dried to me but I was not very sure but I needed to move away the curtain so we can get through the hallway. I was not sure if my hands touched those blood spots but then after maybe an hour, I was very thirty and need to look for a canned drinks and of course I needed to open the can with my hands and fingers. Suddenly, I was hit with concern if it is possible to get HIV this way if my hands and fingers touched those blood spots and then I touched the lid of the canned drinks and drank through it. I mean my hands could have touched the blood spots then got transferred to the canned drinks and then through my mouth. Is this possible? Im worried if I should get tested. Thank you.
Hello and thank you for reading my question.
Before arriving to a house party, I popped a pimple on my finger just below the nail and it pussed and bleed a little. Shortly after arriving to the party I was subconsciously scratching at it with another finger on the same hand and went to the restroom without thinking. After finishing, I lowered the toilet seat and the pimple (may have been actively bleeding) came into contact with a fluid on the toilet seat. (I believe it was probably urine left from someone shortly before me but it could have been semen or really anything...I know it wasn't blood though) The hole to the pimple was maybe 2-3 mm wide.
What are the risks from acquiring HIV from this situation? Or Hep C, or anything? Am I just making a mountain out of a mole hill? Please help!!
Hello The HIV Helpline,
Please, answer this question.. I am very concerned about my scenario.. So, I can not sleep every day... I am from other country and went to the strip club 3 weeks ago. I got a lap dance at the club as I was wearing short pants and long sleeve t-shirts. While she was dancing, Her pussy touched my knee twice for seconds. Fortunately, I did not have any cuts of blooding on my knee and she put her nipple into my mouse only once. But, my below lip was cracked (like a blood clot Not blooding) with applying chapstick.. Just in case, I tested Oraquick 2 days ago (after 20days) which was negative.. But, I am still concerned about the scenario... Do I place in the risk?
Please, answer my question.. Thank you for reading my answer.
hi, i was sleeping with a man who hide his hiv from me. we had sex with condoms but also oral (both). when i found out and confronted he said he is on medication. i checked for hiv a month a go and came out clean but still very worried. i found out about it only today. please help. what are chances of me getting it and what should i do?
Can you get Hiv from eating after touching money if you forget to wash your hands please tell
I have a few theoritical questions about HIV blood transmission.
1. You probably know the common practice of high-school blood oaths, where a grop of people cut their palms or their wrist arteries with a razor and then perform contact or handshake with deep wounds. My question is - In this situation will PEP will needed (and testing respectively)
2. A person decides to donate blood and it happens to be in his/hers WINDOW PEROD. Is there a possibility the medical staff not to detect the virus and then to be transmitted to other people?
3. As a final of my inquiery I would like to ask you about the famous myth "synergy filled with hiv blood". For how long it is possible the virus in the blood to survive there.
Thanks in advance fo your help and answers
Thanks in advance for the answers
thanks for your good site and your helps.
sorry for my poor english.
i am male and 14 month ago i had protected vaginal and unprotected oral sex with 3 sex workers,
after 1 month and 4 month and 7 month my elisa antibody tests was negative also in 10th month finger prick rapid test was negative. but i have some symptomps that i had not before,like (mouth ulcer ,diarrhea,and Lymph nodes).
please tell me can i trust my test results?
is there any cases that their tests turn to postivie after one year?
thanks a lot
Hello helpline aidsvancouver! yesterday i pricked my finger by clean lancet for diabet testing. it was bleeding. after that i touched surface with bloody finger. if there was some body fluids on the surface, is there any risk to get hiv?