I had a sexual encounter 3 weeks ago. I am worried to death now. I have continuous panic/anxiety attacks along the day. I have no one around to talk to nor to consult. In a nutshell I give you hereunder the worst case scenario as I do not recall the very details nor sequence of acts during this gloomy encounter:
- Out of curiosity, 3 weeks ago, I had unprotected oral sex with a transsexual (circumcised) sex worker. Let's say she was HIV +
- We kissed shortly and gave each other blowjobs with no ejaculation in the mouth. However, at some point maybe her precum came in my mouth.
- We rubbed each other's penis using lotion.
- After she ejaculated, I rubbed my penis against her penis contaminated with her sperms and lotion. Moreover, I rubbed the shaft (head) of my penis against her shaft (here is my biggest worrisome that her fluid came into my penis urethra .)
- After I ejaculated the first time, she rubbed my penis with her hand contaminated with her sperms and lotion for a second round for maybe 2 minutes, but I did not cum again.
- I fingered her and licked her anus with my tongue. She externally rubbed my anus with her hand maybe contaminated with her sperm and lotion.
- I had a shower directly after the episode and peed (if this makes any difference). I washed my mouth with Lestrine mouth wash 3-4 times, and brushed my teeth when got back home.
I was worried all the time after this day. However I evidently noticed the following symptoms as of the 15th day which persist until the time of writing to you:
- itchy skin at different spots of my body that became more frequent. I had a reddish rash near my right pit that lasted for only one day and went away when I put some vesline. (honestly maybe due to the use of perfume directly under my pit, I do not know)
- Now, it is really getting worse by time. As I read a lot about the symptoms of HIV infection and my mind is not resting at all. I have itchy skin (but not always need to scratch myself) on the upper part of my back, my face, around the lips, hot breathes, itchy scalp. light burns feeling on my arms and chest. My arms and hand veins are getting bigger. I get frequent severe itchy skin at the anus area and scrutom sac, this really annoys me. II totally lost appetite. I have upset stomach. I am trembling. I cannot distinguish between the symptoms of HIV and anxiety/panic attacks I have, as I read that the levels of adrenaline in blood due to anxiety could cause similar symptoms as HIV.
Please advise, what is my risk contracting HIV and other STDs? what should I do now? Am alone, thoughts are killing me. I totally lost appetite. I did not eat for the last 2-3 days. People around me noticed my gloomy mood. I really appreciate the time hopefully you will spend to reply to my email.
You and people like you are doing a great job raising awareness and providing guidance to ones with vulnerable status like me now.
I'm 23 and live in Thailand and 20 days ago when drunk I paid for intercourse with a prostitute, this was the first time I have ever done something like that. The intercourse was protected, I kept going soft but I made sure that I could always see the base of the condom. The condom came off on exit however I am almost certain my penis didn't come into contact with any vaginal fluids. There were no cuts or sores on my penis.
After which I received oral sex for 5 or so minutes until ejaculation. The oral sex was not vigorous and consisted of her licking the head of my penis with the tip of her tongue while performing a hand-job.
3 days later I noticed that I had penile thrush. I went to a dermatologist and was given an anti-fungal cream. Now the thrush has cleared up however I'm still using the cream just to be safe.
Exactly 15 days after the incident I started to have severe headaches, a swollen neck, diarrhea and a loss of appetite, now 20 days on I am beginning to feel better apart from my anxiety.
My question is what are my chances of contracting HIV? I think the thrush was caused by the blowjob as the side of my penis she was licking was much much worse than the side she wasn't which looked untouched.
Does the fact I got thrush from the encounter indicate that I am more likely to have contracted HIV or are the two unrelated?
I have read the statistics on both Oral and Female to Male transmission but I still can't get it out of my head.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time.
Hi everyone. I would just like to get your opinion regarding my risk/possible exposures and the results of my previous tests.
June 7 (possible exposure # 1) - unprotected anal and oral sex with a guy met from an online application with ejaculation on mouth only
June 9 - sore throat, diarrhea, low grade fever, diarrhea, night sweats, muscle pains (arms, legs, back) all for 6 days.
July 30 (7.5 weeks past exposure # 1) - tested negative at a local clinic using HIV antibody rapid test
August 14 (possible exposure # 2) - gave unprotected oral sex with ejaculation, upper gums got swollen in the afternoon
August 24 (11 weeks past exposure # 1) - tested negative using an approved Philippine home HIV test kit (finger prick blood)
August 30 (2 weeks past exposure # 2) - high fever for 2 days, nausea, headache, diarrhea for 1 week
I was so paranoid and related these symptoms to my oral sexual encounter last August 14. My gums got swollen that day and I thought that I could have an open sore that time which led to the possible infection. What makes me more bothered is that I got the fever around 2 weeks after, when ARS typically appears
September 12 (4 weeks past exposure # 2) - Due to paranoia and since I haven't purchased a new HIV kit yet, i re-tested using the kit I used last August 24, since there was still a reagent/HIV buffer left. Before re-using, I was so sure that there was no indication of any line in the T area. After putting blood and the buffer, there was a faint line that showed in the T line!
September 27 (6 weeks past exposure # 2) - tested negative using a new HIV kit.
Now, my questions:
1. I know it was a dumb idea to re-use the kit, but why is there a faint line that appeared? Is it because I re-used the kit? I was thinking there could be something that really reacted from my blood, because if there is nothing, then it should have stayed the same, with nothing appearing on the T-line.
2. Is the September 27 test more reliable? I know that 3-month test is conclusive, but could this be a false negative, given that a faint line appeared on my September 12 test? Did I just use the kit wrongly this time, that's why there is no faint line that appeared?
3. If my September 27 test was indeed accurate, am I cleared of my June 7 exposure?
4. Given my oral exposure last August 14, should I re-test at the three month mark?
What are your thoughts?
i) i read that terminal cancer can extend hiv window period but other cancers don't extend hiv window period , if so i can we know we have terminal cancer and what is difference between terminal cancer and other cancers?
2) i read from dr.hunter handsfield blog that even overwhelming systemic infections can extend hiv window period , if so how will we know if we have systemic infection?
i had an oral sex with girl and i did elisa test in 3 months , which came back negative but above questions worries me to much pls help god bless u
Previously I had asked Question I had unprotected oral sex,Kissing with a transgender and protected Anal sex on 27 August . I tested with 4gen test after 14 days of exposure at AFA and it was negative and again I tested after 29 days of exposure .
plz tell me how reliable is this I am really vey tensed. I have developed little bit of rash its because of fear I really sometime I don't know... I got tested after 29 days its negative plz reply
In a Sept. 21 post "Worried of Oral" one of your volunteers indicated that oral sex is low risk and that there have been some cases of HIV being transferred this way under special conditions. This contradicts what everyone else seems to say which is negligible risk and no confirmed cases. Could you please clarify which is correct? This is a seemingly contradictory position taken on your site. Thank you.
'this is seemingly contradictory information between low risk and essentially negligible or no risk.
I got a HIV test result Negative in July 2015 and the test’s name is HIV Combi PT. The test was conducted at:
– 17th week after unprotected anal sex
– 16th week after protected anal sex
– 10th week after unprotected oral sex
– 29th day after my partner fingered my anus
Should I get tested again? I had an unprotected oral sex a few days ago which makes me worried now.
All the exposures occurred with my partner - a HIV positive person.
Hello everybody thanks for your guidance.
I was with a young sexual worker and the following happened: I was kissing her vagina with her panties on, however with a couple of my fingers I touched her anus and vagina and accidentally after an instant I put those very fingers on my urethra orifice for a second (just there). After 5-10 minutes I decided to wash my penis with a liquid soap. Am I at risk? Further information: I saw no blood nor on her anus nor on my hands (fingers). There was no sexual intercourse without condom nor rubbing, when I decided to penetrate the girl I used a brand new condom and there was no issue at all with this. I am worried about my fingers on my urethra for that second. Please help me!!!