Hi everyone. I would just like to get your opinion regarding my risk/possible exposures and the results of my previous tests.
June 7 (possible exposure # 1) - unprotected anal and oral sex with a guy met from an online application with ejaculation on mouth only
June 9 - sore throat, diarrhea, low grade fever, diarrhea, night sweats, muscle pains (arms, legs, back) all for 6 days.
July 30 (7.5 weeks past exposure # 1) - tested negative at a local clinic using HIV antibody rapid test
August 14 (possible exposure # 2) - gave unprotected oral sex with ejaculation, upper gums got swollen in the afternoon
August 24 (11 weeks past exposure # 1) - tested negative using an approved Philippine home HIV test kit (finger prick blood)
August 30 (2 weeks past exposure # 2) - high fever for 2 days, nausea, headache, diarrhea for 1 week
I was so paranoid and related these symptoms to my oral sexual encounter last August 14. My gums got swollen that day and I thought that I could have an open sore that time which led to the possible infection. What makes me more bothered is that I got the fever around 2 weeks after, when ARS typically appears
September 12 (4 weeks past exposure # 2) - Due to paranoia and since I haven't purchased a new HIV kit yet, i re-tested using the kit I used last August 24, since there was still a reagent/HIV buffer left. Before re-using, I was so sure that there was no indication of any line in the T area. After putting blood and the buffer, there was a faint line that showed in the T line!
September 27 (6 weeks past exposure # 2) - tested negative using a new HIV kit.
Now, my questions:
1. I know it was a dumb idea to re-use the kit, but why is there a faint line that appeared? Is it because I re-used the kit? I was thinking there could be something that really reacted from my blood, because if there is nothing, then it should have stayed the same, with nothing appearing on the T-line.
2. Is the September 27 test more reliable? I know that 3-month test is conclusive, but could this be a false negative, given that a faint line appeared on my September 12 test? Did I just use the kit wrongly this time, that's why there is no faint line that appeared?
3. If my September 27 test was indeed accurate, am I cleared of my June 7 exposure?
4. Given my oral exposure last August 14, should I re-test at the three month mark?
What are your thoughts?
i) i read that terminal cancer can extend hiv window period but other cancers don't extend hiv window period , if so i can we know we have terminal cancer and what is difference between terminal cancer and other cancers?
2) i read from dr.hunter handsfield blog that even overwhelming systemic infections can extend hiv window period , if so how will we know if we have systemic infection?
i had an oral sex with girl and i did elisa test in 3 months , which came back negative but above questions worries me to much pls help god bless u
Previously I had asked Question I had unprotected oral sex,Kissing with a transgender and protected Anal sex on 27 August . I tested with 4gen test after 14 days of exposure at AFA and it was negative and again I tested after 29 days of exposure .
plz tell me how reliable is this I am really vey tensed. I have developed little bit of rash its because of fear I really sometime I don't know... I got tested after 29 days its negative plz reply
In a Sept. 21 post "Worried of Oral" one of your volunteers indicated that oral sex is low risk and that there have been some cases of HIV being transferred this way under special conditions. This contradicts what everyone else seems to say which is negligible risk and no confirmed cases. Could you please clarify which is correct? This is a seemingly contradictory position taken on your site. Thank you.
'this is seemingly contradictory information between low risk and essentially negligible or no risk.
I got a HIV test result Negative in July 2015 and the test’s name is HIV Combi PT. The test was conducted at:
– 17th week after unprotected anal sex
– 16th week after protected anal sex
– 10th week after unprotected oral sex
– 29th day after my partner fingered my anus
Should I get tested again? I had an unprotected oral sex a few days ago which makes me worried now.
All the exposures occurred with my partner - a HIV positive person.
Hello everybody thanks for your guidance.
I was with a young sexual worker and the following happened: I was kissing her vagina with her panties on, however with a couple of my fingers I touched her anus and vagina and accidentally after an instant I put those very fingers on my urethra orifice for a second (just there). After 5-10 minutes I decided to wash my penis with a liquid soap. Am I at risk? Further information: I saw no blood nor on her anus nor on my hands (fingers). There was no sexual intercourse without condom nor rubbing, when I decided to penetrate the girl I used a brand new condom and there was no issue at all with this. I am worried about my fingers on my urethra for that second. Please help me!!!