Thanks for helping millions of people with your response .I had done HIV DUO combo test ( Vidas Duo Ultra ) after pep usage. The results are
30 days(post pep) = antibody-0.03,antigen-0
60 days(post pep) = antibody- 0.05, antigen -not determinable
75 days(post pep) = antigen - 0.03 ,antigen - 0
120 days(post pep) = antigen -0.03,antigen -not determinable
what is my hiv status .Do i need to do any test further .Kindly answer I am nervous about it.
I had an exposure and took PEP for 28 days which i started within 72 hours. I did the following tests which all came back non reactive:
1) At 105 days post exposure (76 days post pep) 3rd Generation HIV Elisa Antibody test which was non reactive.
2) At 119 days post exposure (90 days post pep) Determine HIV Antibody test which was still non reactive.
3) At 122 days post exposure-Hepatitis C rapid test which came back non reactive as well. Can i consider my results conclusive since the guidelines state that delayed seroconversion only occurred in people who acquired Hepatitis C together with the HIV virus. Please respond and this will be the last time am asking.
I have a few theoritical questions about HIV blood transmission.
1. You probably know the common practice of high-school blood oaths, where a grop of people cut their palms or their wrist arteries with a razor and then perform contact or handshake with deep wounds. My question is - In this situation will PEP will needed (and testing respectively)
2. A person decides to donate blood and it happens to be in his/hers WINDOW PEROD. Is there a possibility the medical staff not to detect the virus and then to be transmitted to other people?
3. As a final of my inquiery I would like to ask you about the famous myth "synergy filled with hiv blood". For how long it is possible the virus in the blood to survive there.
Thanks in advance fo your help and answers
Thanks in advance for the answers
Thank you for your services.I have been working as a doctor in Germany for two months. During my pre-hospital screening test, my blood test was positive for HIV. Nine years ago, I had a similar incident in India where a screening test was positive. My doctor advised me to do a Western blot, P24 antigen and DNA PCR test, all of which were negative. I did not have any exposure.One year later, I got married and was tested every two years and was always negative. I gave birth to a healthy boy two years ago. The regular maternity checks for HIV were also negative. I am only sexually active with my husband. Is there a chance that this current test in Germany could be a false positive? How accurate are these tests in Germany for occupational medicine examination. What do I have to do now? Why would such an incident happen to me twice? I would really appreciate a feedback.
I had sex with someone on Dec 20 and the condom broke in between. I only realized after finishing. I started PEP in less than 48 hours and took it for 30 days. I tested at 42 days after exposure (11 days after PEP completion) the test was negative. The test I used was HIV CMIA (p24 and Antibody). I took another test (HIV CMIA serum) at 60 days after exposure (29 days after PEP completion) which was also negative
My question is this:
1. Are these test results encouraging?
2. I am planning to take another test at 42 days after PEP completion (74 days after exposure). Have you ever seen post pep test at 28 days turn positive in the future?
I have read on the Internet that HIV 4th gen test are conclusive at 6 weeks by expert. So if my test at 74 days (10 weeks and 4 days after exposure or 42 days after PEP completion) is negative. Can I consider this conclusive?
After 30 days of unsecured sex, p24, pcr rna test negative and 65 days after that, p24, pcr rna test negative tha pls i am safe ya no else other test
I know it’s stupid but due to lack of knowledge I started taking PEP 3 WEEKS(not days) post exposure and once I considered what I’ve done, I made my second mistake, I continued it for more than 2 MONTHS!
Now 7 months pasts from the day 0 and I’m totally frustrated..
I’ve tested regularly through this time, monthly NAAT and DUO tests.
I guess I can not consider my HIV status because the PEP has suppressed the viral load and the immune system had enough time to develope few amount of antibodies as an answer to low viral load. And due to presence of antibody the virus never had a chance to rebound. Probably that’s why both RNA and antibody levels are below the detection line.
What you may recommend?
sir I stay in India . I had protected vaginal sex with ejaculation inside her vagina not sure of the condom date and had unprotected oral sex licked sex worker vagina under the bed sheets with a lotion this is my only exposure
and later some semen got into my eye after washing it with water.exposure was in august last year
i went for hiv p24 antigen and antibodies cmia test at 25 days which was negative
i went for hiv -1 pcr rna qualitative at 25 days which was negative
I went for hiv cmia only antibodies test which was negative
i went for hiv pcr rna quantitative test on 77 days for hiv-1 which was <39.1 copies method rotor gene
I went for hiv p24 antigen and antibodies test elisa method at 86 days which was 0.40 non reactive
did westernblot at 92 days which was negative
hv tridot at 17 weeks negative
hiv elisa at 22 weeks negative
hiv western blot all bands are negative but serum control band positive in december my 2nd one.
hiv cmia screening at 20 weeks negative . hiv 4th generation serum at 154 days negative.
symptoms - swollen lymphnodes,headache,fever ,burning but tests negative.))
cmv igg - +ve and cmv igm - ve.)))
Are my test results conclusive
i had sex with csw , used condom , but blood was on my figures while removing condom , i did regular tests , antibody test and they came negative , i did antigen antibody p24 test on 91 day it was negative , i did antibody 1 and 2 test 98 and 101 day it was non reactive, are my test conclusive
1. can negative only antibody test are conclusive
2. can negative at 101 day become positive later
3. should i get tested at 6 month mark
waiting for a reply from past 3 months
Thanks for the wonderful job you are doing.
Please note my question below
I am 32 year old circumcised male and recently on my trip to Asia I had indulged in sexual activity and I wanted to know whether am I at risk. Following are the sexual activity
1) Protected vaginal sex using double condoms. After sexual activity I checked both condom and found them to be intact, that is no broken condom or no leakage etc.
2) Protected oral sex. I used single condom which never broke in oral sex.
3) There was absolutely no kissing or anything else involved.
4) I just touched her vaginal area ( only surface no insertion) once for few seconds and later I realized I had a minor non- bleeding cut on my finger. This cut was 2 days old and although bit deep seemed only superficial as there was never any bleeding.
At no time her fluids touched me except maybe during touching her vaginal surface or her fluid on my pubic hair.
I have already undergone HIV RNA PCR test on 16th Day after my sexual activity ( >2 weeks) and it came out negative.
Please let me know am I still at risk?