I went to strip club recently and stripper opened up my penis and inserted into her vagina. how ever I did not feel penetration as I did not feel it went into vagina fully( may be she tricked me because I was drunk) she danced like that about 1-2 minutes and I did not feel vaginal fluids at all after I started masturbating and ejaculated outside. It was not like a proper sex with penetration as I did not feel a thing. How ever I took PEP for 28 days with just Truvada. So my questions are ,
1. What are the chances of risk without PEP and with PEP?
2. How effective is Truvada alone for PEP?
3. How soon I can test since I am done with PEP to get conclusive early as possible?
4. Chances of getting HIV even if penis goes half the way into vagina?
Please help as I am extremely worried.
Hi!, an 84 days test after PEP (and 114 days after exposure) is trustworthy?. Thanks!
Hi Vancouver help team,
Im deeply concerned...a few days ago i was getting oral sex from a sexual worker and during the process she cut me with her teeth. I felt the cut instantly and took it out from her mouth right away.
It started bleeding and i panicked...she assured me she was not infected or anything.. but she was performing oral sex without condom... and she probably did the same to many other guys.
She inmediatly gave me iodin and spilled over my pennis and bandaged it. She said she didnt had any cuts or blisters in her mouth, and that it never happened to her... but i cant be sure.
Question is, even if i removed it instantly from her mouth and applied generous ammounts of iodin, is it possible that i have gotten HIV?
I've read that you could take a cocktail before 36 hours have passed and that might neutralize the virus... should i start taking the cocktail right away and then wait to do the VIH test?
Please, please, please, help me!
I had spontaneous insertive anal sex with a man today, I did not know him and I did not get any contact details. We used a condom at first, as I always make sure to carry one around with me in my bag just in case, but it snapped about half-way through, so I threw it away and we kept going for another few minutes. Once we finished I urinated about 20 minutes later as well as cleaning myself up with some water and then drying myself to make sure I was clean.
I'm uncircumcised, how likely is it that I would have gotten HIV from this, and what should I do?
Hello, here is my case: I had sex with another man I met online. Before meeting we talked about our safe sex habits and we both said that we never practice unsafe sex (for what it’s worth this was very clear in his profile by the way). He brought condoms and lube the first time we met which is always a great sign. We met a second time a month or two later. Again before meeting he asked if I had condoms at home (again great). This second time unfortunately the condom broke towards the end (I check often to make sure it is fine), and I only noted when we were finished. I had an exposure of about 2/3 minutes at the most. I’m top only but uncircumcised.
I totally panicked even though I don’t honestly have any reason to think that my partner engages in risky behaviors as he seemed concerned about bringing and using condoms (but he is bottom only and accidents with condoms happen). He was also upset but he did not panic as much as I did which made me even scarier. We talked about the incident and he said that he got tested about 2 months before and that everything was fine and that he hadn’t been with anyone since (but who knows right?).
After he left I decided to go to A&E and get PEP. The doctor prescribed Truvada+Ralgetravir (all STD baseline tests were negative) and I took the first dose about 8 hours after the exposure. I took all doses exactly as prescribed – or so I thought - for the full 28 days. As it happens I had to visit relatives so I took medication for the 10 days I was with them and hid it in my bag (this was between days 6 and 16 of PEP). The morning pills were easy to take (2 pills) because nobody was home but the evening pill was harder so I sometimes kept it in my pocket and then went to the bathroom when it was time to take it. As it happens a few weeks later (after completing the course of PEP) when I returned to my family’s house I found a Ralgetravir pill in one of my jeans and I panicked. I could swear I didn’t miss any dose but now I’m not sure whether they gave me one extra pill of if I missed one. Anyway, I’m absolutely sure I took every other pill as prescribed (I’ve been really stressed and not sleeping well so I may have missed that one).
2 weeks after completing PEP (and 6 weeks after the exposure) I went back to the clinic and got an insti hiv1/hiv2 rapid test which was negative. I was quite happy with the outcome as I read that the test is very sensitive and detects both Igg and Igm antibodies and is now therefore considered a 3rd generation test which is useful in detecting early seroconversion. The New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute has a test comparison sheet where it says that the window period for the INSTI is 4-6 weeks. So here are my questions
1) would that 1 Ralgetravir pill I may have eventually missed lower the efficacy of PEP? I hear that some people take truvada only as PEP and I didn’t miss any of those. I also read that experts aim for a 95% adherence rate but I’m not sure whether that applies to PEP.
2) What can I take from this 6 week negative result? Have you ever seen a case where someone who took PEP and got this result would later seroconvert?
3) I’ve read a lot about delayed seroconversion after PEP. The revised CDC guidelines ask for testing up to 3 months post-exposure (not post-pep) and the revised UK guidelines ask for tests 4-6 weeks post PEP (which is basically the same). The experts at thebody.com say that delayed seroconversion is a myth. I have searched the academic journals and found reports of older cases (1990s) where the timing of testing was not always clear and a report of a monkey in an animal study. I also found an interesting report reviewing seroconversion cases among health care workers. Though not all cases were offered PEP there didn’t seem to be a noticeable difference in the time of confirmation of seroconversion between PEP and non-PEP takers. What is your view on this?
I’m still waiting to go back for my 12 week test. In the meantime, I managed to talk to my partner through the dating site to tell him that I got tested. He replied saying that the got tested too and was fine. I know I should probably be happy with this but I’m totally paranoid and that is only a modest comfort for me.
Many thanks for your help!
Hope I can get your opinion on this.
My exposure happened in the 2nd week of Jan 2016 and 3 days later went to see a doctor who prescribed Truvada for 3 months. I finished my doses in 20th April and 2 weeks later (5th May) went for an ELISA test, got a negative result. Problem is, I've experienced symptoms such as cold sore, fever and night sweats in the last 2 weeks. Is there a chance that Truvada delayed antibodies production by almost 5 months, because my last rapid test is only 1 (28th May) day ago, and I still got a negative result. I'm just so worried.
Hi!, an 84 days test (chemiluminescence) after PEP (Truvada) is trustworthy?.
Hello, I a man and I have a few questions. Just a day ago I kind of gave a protected oral sex for 10-20 seconds. It is happened accidentally and now I freaking out; guy put a condom on his dick and I touched it by my lips and sucked a little, after I just run away because I did not like it and honestly it makes me feel very uncomfortable. So my questions is:
1. Do I need to go to my doctor for asking a PEP!? (It is happened just a 24-26 hours)
2. Because of the dark room, I am not sure about if he use condom properly? (I mean, did not touch his penis by wrong side of condom and after wear it)
3. I do not this guy and really worry about health now; everything happened very quick, his penis was in condom and he did no ejaculate in my mouth. So, what is the percentage of me getting me HIV!?
P.S: I am very appreciate for your website, it gave me a lot of good information! Please help me with my situations, I am very worry and freaking out.
I had protected sex with csw. Their is no condom brokage or leakage or slip. Immediately after 24 hours i went to doctor. Doctor told if condom didnt broke then their is no need for PEP.
But due to my fear and anxiety doctor prescribed PEP.
He prescribed me too medicines one is ratlegravir and another one is a combination of two medicines namely lamivudine and tenofovir.
Are these medicines are effective ?
What are the foods I should take during pep time ?
I have protected sex is their any possibilities for hiv ?
I had a sex with an unknown escort girl but, it was protected.
since I don't know that which kind of condom she used and it was a good one or not, I'm concern to for HIV infection. is it possible HIV transmission has happened for me? or is it possible that condom failed during sex and I didn't know that?
should I take any PEP pill or do HIV test?