hey, I was contracted with gonorhea from a girl I didn't know while having unprotected sex and now I'm terrified I may have HIV. I got tested at
7 weeks 1 day and results came back negative. The clinician gave me the finger prick test. How worried should I be that I may get a 12 week positive result? I feel I'm having symptoms.
Hi there!, I just want to ask what do you call the test where a blood is extracted to your arm (vein).Thanks!
Hello I had unprotected sex nine months ago. Six weeks later I had a blood test done. Nine months later I had a oral swab done at a local clinic 20min test. Is this test accurate? Should I get a blood test again to be sure. The lady said test was 98% accurate?
i recently on june 1 to be exact had a sexual encounter with a sexual worker...everything was protected....the oral as well as vaginal
i took a rapid test 4 weeks since ten (july 3) which came back negative...i am going o do one again in two weeks and then in the three month mark...my question is how accurate is the 4 and 6 week mark...i am extremely nervous because i cannot rmbr now if there may have been a slight tear in the condom and i rmbr that at one point in the sex...i felt a little bit of a diff feeling as thought she was climaxing..and i was wondering if maybe that could have been a tear because i felt a little diff at that point regardles...i am stressed out and want to know if you could please inform me how reliable the 4 and 6 weeks mark for rapid tests are
I have taken HIV DNA PCR test at 12 days, and Hiv tridot test at 9 weeks and antibody test at 11 weeks
came all are negative,but still strugling alot to get control on my mind,please help me is that conclusive?
I'm from Cambodia, does this for all users around the world or only for Canadian? I'm sorry for bad english and long story, I really need your help and it's hard to find someone in local to counsel me about HIV.
- I have condom broke with Sex Worker in march 2008. I didn't know much about hiv that time, I didn't know about PEP. The girl told me she didn't have HIV. Then I moved along.
- Now I try to remember back, I did experience rashes on whole body and other sympthoms i'm afraid they were similar to ARS.
- About 12 months, I tested negative at free government HIV test center (They used Blood Rapid test, Abbott Determine hiv 1/2).
- Later, every 2 or 3 months or more I tested again until now I tested negative 4 or 5 times using same method.
- Last test was at Private test lab (March-2012)
HIV1/2 MEIA axsym: Negative s/co=0.25 <1
Current Sympthoms: (most are same as HIV sympthoms)
- Enlarge Lymphnodes
- Low WBC
- Shortness of breath
- Blur vision
- Extream Fatigue
- Skin Rashes
1. Do you know Abbott Determine Hiv 1/2? I found out that it was introduce since 1998. Is it too old test. Did new guideline 3 months also apply to that test?
2. If I tested negative after 1 to 4 years, is it too late to test for best accuracy? Can this cause false negative? Because guidline said it's 3 months only. And I search on internet and found some article said that late stage hiv can cause false negative too.
3. False negative can be caused by some reasons as I read here mostly mentioned, Cancer, Drug users....... How do I know if I was one of them.
4. One more thing i'm afraid all tests can't detect antibody due to rare group or subtypes. The time I had sex was at a tourist site, Probably many black people were there.
5. What kind of tests should I take for 100% sure?
6. What do you think about my current sympthoms? I'm afraid they caused by hiv.
7. I see the number, can I make call even i'm not from Canada?
Thank you so much.
pls in a response to a question on June25, u made mention of some rarer types of hiv which rapid tests may not detect.U also said this kind of hiv can be found in west central africa.i ve been tested NEGATIVE at 4 months for hiv after a possible exposure with a rapid test.my only fear is dat may be i ve contracted the rarer type of hiv because i live in west africa.
1.can i trust dat am truly negative?
2.how is de rarer type detected?
Where in Vancouver can anyone get a rapid HIV test confidentially and for free with out an appointment?
I and this girl (csw with uknown hiv status) made out 4 months ago. I lay on the sofa and she is on top of me. Then she rubbed her vagina to my penis and I felt her fluids go down my penis and I dont know if it touches/reached my anus.I have read somewhere that HIV can penetrate through anus and I am worried. one thing, I dont know if she inserted my penis(well I thought she did but for only 5 seconds, I guess because im so drunk that time that my penis was not erected that is why she went on top of me and rubbed her vagina to my penis and eventually ejaculated)I am anxious because a week or maybe 3 days after, my palms were itchy and got swollen and I had stains in my underwear (yellow pus like) not the typical discharge though and I also have foul smelling urine and theres this sting whenever I urinate. Can you please tell me if I was at risk with HIV? or did I acquire other STDs or STIs. I was tested negative for HIV Rapid Test after 2+ months and negative for syphilis as well. I dont have the symptoms now.
note: the symptoms did not appear at the same time except for the stain in the underwear and frequent urinating and sting whenever I urinate.
iam a man of 25 years of age with a wife. a few months ago i had sex with a commercial sex worker (CSW). it was protected all along but i got concerned about contracting HIV bacause i had cuts and abrasions on my pubic area due to shaving and her vaginal fluids touched that area. i got strange symptoms such hives, red pimpl like bumps on my back, fever, sore throat , lost a lot of weight.after this event and symtpoms i avoided sex with my wife. i went and got tested with a rapid determine finger prick test at 99 days post exposure and it was negative but the symptoms are still with me. my questions are as follows
(a) iam i really negative? cause after the 99 day neg test i had sex with my wife and she got the classic flu like illness that is persistent up to now. i thought i was neg with a 99 day test but now iam worried that i might have infected her with something
(b) i read on the test package that it can not detect HIV if one is infected with a more variant strain. is this true? please give me ur experience with this rapid test
(c) do ars last this long? bacause i have been really sick with this flu like illness for months now and it does not seem to go.