I received unprotected oral sex from a sexworker a few days ago and was a infected with a STD. I went to see an urologist today and was prescribed antibiotics. The urologist said, that the risk to get infected with HIV by receiving oral sex is very low and as stated in many threads in this forum, it may even be a negligible risk activity. However, I am still very concerned if the presence of a STD in the sexworkers mouth or throat increases the risk of a transmission.
The oral sex was performed for about 3-4 minutes and I did not see any blood on my penis afterwards. The only thing that I noticed afterwards was a strong and very bad oral smell which I did not notice before. I assume the sexworker had a bad oral hygiene.
I feel very concerned and guilty because of this situation. It would be great if you could provide me information on how an STD or bad oral hygiene could increase the risk of HIV transmission in receiving oral sex and how you would evaluate this situation based on your experience.
Sorry for my poor English, I am not a native speaker. And thank you for the important information you provide here and your commitment to help people like me!
Please I need your advise, yesterday I had oral sex with massage worker, she put my sex in her mouth for one or two mins, Also she was using baby oil on my sex while she mastrbiting me with her hands.
Today i have pain on my throat, without any fever or any other symptoms.
I understand the oral sex is low risk, however i still need to hear from your side the chance of getting HIV.
Also, if i need to do full STD checkup, how long do i need to wait to ensure everything is fine?
am from india 27 years old. in feb2016 visited massage parlour for body massage and girl did body massage without lub. she was fully dresses. can i het hiv ?
i tested after 3.5 months and after 5 months got negative. 1st test is 4th generation eia and other card and rapid method all got negative. is it conclusive. i tested for hep b and herpes got negative. am getting ulcers in mouth and weakness and joint pains. plz help me further testing is required
hi, my gf and i got tested for chlamydia and other stds, and we came out positive for chlamydia, and negative for every other std (HIV, herpes, etc).
We got treated for chlamydia and couple days later we boh came back negative for chlamydia. couple days later, she gave me a hand job that led to me getting a scab on my shaft. the next day we had unprotected sex and noticed the scab fell off and very minor cut where the scab used to be. we had unprotected sex about 4 times when my scab fell off and noticed that she was on her period for the last sexual encounter (blood while having sex on my penis from her period). We always wash up after having sex.
MY question is, is it possible to get some type of STD or HIV due to the fact i had a small cut on my penis while she was on her period while we had sex? we both tested negative for all std's including HIV, herpes, syphillis etc. We tested positive for chlamydia, but got treated and then we had sex when tests came back negative. What is my risk for HIV? or any other STD?
I had anal sex in a threesome. Two guys were having sex, one came, so the other came to me and had sex with me (me as a bottom) with the same condom he used with the other guy (like three minutes after). What are the risks of contracting HIV from this situation?
I am male, 25 years old, foolishly had unprotected sex with a sex worker 6 weeks back. She probably was 28-35 years old. The whole sexual encounter lasted around 40 mins and it was mostly kissing and oral (fellitio) but for around 25-30 seconds I inserted my penis in her vagina. The moment I realized it, I took it out. Later, I ejaculated in her mouth.
21st day after the encounter - I had a small cut in my tongue out of nowhere and it was healed within the day
On the 22nd-28th day - red bumps with white center pop-ed up in several places of my body (none were in the genital or oral area though) but, except one, those too went away within the day. The exceptional one pop-ed up near my right ear and took around 3-4 days to heal, it was slightly bigger than the others and left its mark there after it was healed. None of these were painful or caused itchy or burning sensation before appearing.
On 37th day, I had horrible toothache in the back of my mouth by my wisdom teeth (which are still in my mouth) and stayed around 2 days
Today (42nd day after possible exposure) I spotted two white spots on the gum of my front teeth (not itchy or painful), which might or might not have been there before (I am a chain smoker).
On my 30th day, I consulted with a doctor, he examined and suggested me to run some tests (CBC, HBSAg, AntiHCV, HSV-1/2 IgG and HSV1) and prescribed some medicine. All my test came negative except HSV-1/2 IgG test. The result of IgM test came back negative but the result of HSV-1/2 IgG (not specific) was 17.40. My doctor said I had it for quite some time, probably since my childhood, and if I never experienced any outbreaks ever then there is a possibility that I would never experience any for the rest of my life.
Would be really grateful if you please could answer my questions:
1. Can those be the symptoms of any of the Herpes from the recent exposure?
2. Though my doctor said the result of my IgM test is negative, 0.68 gm/l (reference range 0.4-2.4 gm/l) but can anyone tell me is it really negative or in un-determine stage? or is it possible that I get Herpes from my recent incident?
4. Should I get re-tested for Herpes again at the 60th day (2 month after the sexual encounter) or is the result I got from my last test conclusive?
5. I read from other posts here that the risk of HIV is negligible through oral sex but just to be assure is it possible for me to get HIV in my case (given I probably have weak gum or the issue of that wisdom teeth)?
Thank you for taking the time to read it. I would be grateful to you if you suggest me some advice and clear up my confusion by answering my question. Pardon me for my terrible English and unorganized presentation. Thank you.
a csw sucked my pennis through my pants and underwear litterally my pants and underwear were still on me. Can you get ay stis like that?
From 16 days I'm struggling with fever between 98.3 - 99.5F, night sweating. Seems like I'm infected with HIV or other STD disease.
I used 1 condom for oral and vaginal with CSW, my bad as this was my first time and at the end it was loose.
After 2days I consulted a doctor and did complete blood work. He prescribed me to take Truvada 1tab and Raltegravir 2tabs daily as PEP safer side because of my anxiety.
Fever 98.3 - 99.5
Tounge taste changed
Blood test results after 2 days of exposure :-
HSV 1 IGG AB HERPSELECT ---> 0.15 Negative
HSV 2 IGG AB HERPSELECT ---> 0.05 Negative
HSV 1/2 AB (IGM) W/RFL(S) --->Negative
HIV 1/2 AG/AB, 4th Gen RFL ---> Nonreactive
CHLAMYDIA/GC RNA, TMA
C. Trachomatiis RNA, TMA --> Not detected
N. Gonorrhoeae RNA, TMA --> Not Detected
RPR (Monitor) W/REFL Titer --> Nonreactive
I'm now waiting for my blood culture results. But do you guys think that PEP is working in my case?
1. I had sex with a sex worker on 15th August 2013. I tested negative for HIV and positive for Hepatitis C 2 months after the incident. My SGOT and SGPT were elevated. I started with Interferon based treatment on 1st of January 2014. It lasted for 24 weeks. I last tested for HIV 73 days after completing HCV treatment (one year and 15 days after the sexual incident). It was negative. . My CD4 counts 25 days after the sexual incident was 854. I tested for cd4 counts 3 other times, they were 454, 421 and 423. The last two cd4 counts were 2 months after the end of Hepatitis C treatment.
2. Second Incident - A male sex worker licked my nipple and slightly bit on them. 2 days after the incident I took Hepatitis B vaccine. 4 days after the injection I had 100 degree Fahrenheit fever for 6 days.There was no other sexual contact with the worker. I did not see any blood on my nipple, there was no cut either.
I did not test for HIV after this incident, assuming it was not a risk situation.
3. 2016 June. I have protected vaginal sex with a girl. She gave me a blowjob, precum came in her mouth. There was no ejaculation of semen. 15 days after the incident , she had fever and sore throat that lasted for 3 days. Then 1 motnh after the incident she had extreme gas and bloating. She has been hospitalized for the last 4 days and has been diagnosed with colitis. She is unable to eat and is vomiting.
4. Now, I am very afraid. I have read on your site that Hepatitis C treatment can delay antibody production for HIV. My last HIV test was 73 days after completion of HCV treatment and one year and 15 days after the first sexual contact. The HCV treatment had started 4.5 months after the sexual contact. Can I conclude from this that I did not acquire HIV from the first incident?
5. I did nit test after the 2nd incident because I thought it did not carry any risk.
6. My third sexual exposure, considering her severe symptoms, I am worried that I gave HIV to her. Help. I am feeling very guilty and lost.
7. Am I infected with HIV or not?
I have a sexual health question. I've received oral sex a couple of times, the last time being about two years ago. I've only ever experienced it maybe four times with different people. But lately I've started getting paranoid about std's and HIV especially. Do you think i should get checked out?