I had a sexual encounter 3 weeks ago. I am worried to death now. I have continuous panic/anxiety attacks along the day. I have no one around to talk to nor to consult. In a nutshell I give you hereunder the worst case scenario as I do not recall the very details nor sequence of acts during this gloomy encounter:
- Out of curiosity, 3 weeks ago, I had unprotected oral sex with a transsexual (circumcised) sex worker. Let's say she was HIV +
- We kissed shortly and gave each other blowjobs with no ejaculation in the mouth. However, at some point maybe her precum came in my mouth.
- We rubbed each other's penis using lotion.
- After she ejaculated, I rubbed my penis against her penis contaminated with her sperms and lotion. Moreover, I rubbed the shaft (head) of my penis against her shaft (here is my biggest worrisome that her fluid came into my penis urethra .)
- After I ejaculated the first time, she rubbed my penis with her hand contaminated with her sperms and lotion for a second round for maybe 2 minutes, but I did not cum again.
- I fingered her and licked her anus with my tongue. She externally rubbed my anus with her hand maybe contaminated with her sperm and lotion.
- I had a shower directly after the episode and peed (if this makes any difference). I washed my mouth with Lestrine mouth wash 3-4 times, and brushed my teeth when got back home.
I was worried all the time after this day. However I evidently noticed the following symptoms as of the 15th day which persist until the time of writing to you:
- itchy skin at different spots of my body that became more frequent. I had a reddish rash near my right pit that lasted for only one day and went away when I put some vesline. (honestly maybe due to the use of perfume directly under my pit, I do not know)
- Now, it is really getting worse by time. As I read a lot about the symptoms of HIV infection and my mind is not resting at all. I have itchy skin (but not always need to scratch myself) on the upper part of my back, my face, around the lips, hot breathes, itchy scalp. light burns feeling on my arms and chest. My arms and hand veins are getting bigger. I get frequent severe itchy skin at the anus area and scrutom sac, this really annoys me. II totally lost appetite. I have upset stomach. I am trembling. I cannot distinguish between the symptoms of HIV and anxiety/panic attacks I have, as I read that the levels of adrenaline in blood due to anxiety could cause similar symptoms as HIV.
Please advise, what is my risk contracting HIV and other STDs? what should I do now? Am alone, thoughts are killing me. I totally lost appetite. I did not eat for the last 2-3 days. People around me noticed my gloomy mood. I really appreciate the time hopefully you will spend to reply to my email.
You and people like you are doing a great job raising awareness and providing guidance to ones with vulnerable status like me now.
Hi everyone. I would just like to get your opinion regarding my risk/possible exposures and the results of my previous tests.
June 7 (possible exposure # 1) - unprotected anal and oral sex with a guy met from an online application with ejaculation on mouth only
June 9 - sore throat, diarrhea, low grade fever, diarrhea, night sweats, muscle pains (arms, legs, back) all for 6 days.
July 30 (7.5 weeks past exposure # 1) - tested negative at a local clinic using HIV antibody rapid test
August 14 (possible exposure # 2) - gave unprotected oral sex with ejaculation, upper gums got swollen in the afternoon
August 24 (11 weeks past exposure # 1) - tested negative using an approved Philippine home HIV test kit (finger prick blood)
August 30 (2 weeks past exposure # 2) - high fever for 2 days, nausea, headache, diarrhea for 1 week
I was so paranoid and related these symptoms to my oral sexual encounter last August 14. My gums got swollen that day and I thought that I could have an open sore that time which led to the possible infection. What makes me more bothered is that I got the fever around 2 weeks after, when ARS typically appears
September 12 (4 weeks past exposure # 2) - Due to paranoia and since I haven't purchased a new HIV kit yet, i re-tested using the kit I used last August 24, since there was still a reagent/HIV buffer left. Before re-using, I was so sure that there was no indication of any line in the T area. After putting blood and the buffer, there was a faint line that showed in the T line!
September 27 (6 weeks past exposure # 2) - tested negative using a new HIV kit.
Now, my questions:
1. I know it was a dumb idea to re-use the kit, but why is there a faint line that appeared? Is it because I re-used the kit? I was thinking there could be something that really reacted from my blood, because if there is nothing, then it should have stayed the same, with nothing appearing on the T-line.
2. Is the September 27 test more reliable? I know that 3-month test is conclusive, but could this be a false negative, given that a faint line appeared on my September 12 test? Did I just use the kit wrongly this time, that's why there is no faint line that appeared?
3. If my September 27 test was indeed accurate, am I cleared of my June 7 exposure?
4. Given my oral exposure last August 14, should I re-test at the three month mark?
What are your thoughts?
I am worried sick. I was intoxicated and had sex with a sex worker in Germany from Bulgaria. I remember using a condom for about 2 minutes of oral and about 10 to 15 mind of penetrative sex. I could not tell if anything happened to the condom but the worker didn't seem concerned. This event occurred on 30 August.
About 2 weeks later, I began to experience cold/flulike symptoms. Sore throat for 2 days then congestion alot of coughing up mucus. Symptoms started to clear up but then a pain on one side of my throat started. Hurts to swallow. Mostly on the left side of my throat. I should caveat that some kind of flu has been going around my work. I have not had other symptoms associated with seroconversion such as fever, chills, body rash, or diarrhea.
Should I treat this as a bad timed flu or possible seroconversion?? It's scaring the sh*t outta me.
Hello Vancouver team,
When you say that here at AIDS Vancouver we do not use symptoms to determine HIV status.
Is it universal? i mean if a person is having all the symptoms and still tested negative does that still theory is still work for that person?
Thanks for replying on my questions about HIV rashes and time duration.
Here is the original source repllied : http://helpline.aidsvancouver.org/question/hiv-rashes-and-other-problems....
I do understand that it takes 3 months to get a crystal clear report of your status and you shouldn't doubt that.
And i also understand you should have to partner up with your doctor in order to identified the cause of your symptoms are not associated to HIV. I read alot of questions in your website so i have kind of gained this knowledge.
But my original questions regarding the HIV rashes are unanswered and they are kind of still bothering me, i am trying to educate myself here so i could help others too. i would appreciate if you could reply to my questions too.
I've already written to you about my possible exposure which was a long time ago, 11 months as of now. I also told you about me having HUGE lymph nodes in my armpit for MONTHS on end, diarrhea, rashes, leg pains and a sinus infection, which all developed in early July.
I had a 4th gen ELISA (BIORAD) ag/ab test on the 22rd, and it was seronegative. I wasn't satisfied so on the 13rd of August (22 days laters) I took a full STD panel with a HIV Duo Quick (VIDAS), Hep C, Syphilis, Gonorrhea, all the good stuff - everything negative. Still had the lymph nodes.
Fast forward September, I no longer had them, however - I have however by that time developed huge red blisters on my palms, insanely dry skin, peeling off the fingers forming little blisters, folliculitis that does not heal on my breasts, legs and other places I never had before, and as of this week chronic loose stools in the morning, no matter what I eat. Sinus infection does not go away no matter what I do, rashes do not go away, they don't react with any medication I tried.
Now since I had 2 negative tests, doctors keep telling me that no way I have HIV given the time of my exposure and the test results, but given the intensity of my symptoms, they told me to get tested again. It was explained to me that there is a chance that for some odd reason I was infected in a very non formal way, or that I seroconverted that late and maybe my body had yet to produce antibodies, and the negative tests may have been false negatives.
My anxiety is getting the best of me, so as of Monday I'm going for counseling. My question is, is it somehow possible, that I had these negative test results because of the reasons mentioned? The lymph nodes went away by September, while the blisters and the dry skin, peeling appeared after them disappearing. I can't help but make a connection.
Is it possible that I tested negative because the virus was residing in the lymph nodes, undetectable? Now I'm feeling really bad, part anxiety, part symptoms. I don't know what to do. It feels like a possible scenario and I can't wait to get tested again, even though I was reassured that I'm 99% in the clear, no matter what symptoms I have. I can't help but fear. I'll make sure to report back as I think I may really be a case of late seroconversion. Thank you in advance and for your work.
I had a sex encounter with a sex worker 18 months back. I used a condom for the same but I did not see if the condom broke at the end of the encounter. I had forgotten the episode as i had no symptoms.
Now the following thing is driving me crazy. My wife developed a bout of fever, sore throat and rash 6 months back. The rash appeared on the 3rd day of fever and lasted 2 days. She also had muscle and joint pains for the last 6 months. Now almost after a year she has started getting tingling pains in here hands , legs and body.
I have done 2 HIV ELISA test in well known hospital in India post 18 months after exposure and the result have come back negative for both the tests.
1) Are my tests conclusive ??
2) Are My wife symptoms neural pain now and the above fever in the past are related /linked to my exposure ? She is monogamous
3) Have I contracted HIV and transmitted to her ???
Please advise as this is the only encounter I had outside marriage and very scared
Hello I made a blowjob for a guy and while i was doing it i discover that he had a swollen gland on his groin. He precum in my mouth but he did not cum. Two weeks after i had a little bump in my mouth i went to the doctor he told i had hsv I and II never had fever or diarrhea but now after 10 weeks i have a lyphm node on my right groin part please help me
Today on 22nd sept,2015 is my 92nd day from the day I had an incident of unprotected sex.
I had an unprotected anal sex with an adult man who's HIV status is unknown to me 3 months ago. I have tested my self for HIV after 90 days window period twice one is tri-dot and other is rapid test both on same day and results were non reactive.But I have still some issues like swollen lymph gland(left side of neck) since past few days and stool density (loosing excess water than normal) as I had suffered from gastroenteritis just the day after to that incident of unprotected sex.I also feel nausea some times.Few days ago I had some small red spots on my both legs which was really itchy and they are still there but inactive and dull in color.I have also red rashes fallowed by bump(same as in mosquito bite) when i scratch somewhere on my body when it feels itchy I am so confused about the results.
Are these test conclusive?
What are these signs related to?
Should I go for western blot test too?
What additional step should i take to make my self sure about my health?
Please help me..