Dear Sir or Madam
I'm 29 and homosexual and circumcised. Last 13th May 2016 I had experienced unprotected sex with male partner. I had two times intercourse with this partner and the first time (at night) I used condom and gel correctly but in second time (at early morning) I had intercourse again and I used lubricant and condom at initial stage, then I removed condom at middle stage and I think after just 5 minutes I made ejaculation. One month later after happening it, I've known that my partner is HIV positive. So, I went to clinic and tested HIV with ELISA Test at 6 weeks (41 days) exactly. Fortunately, my result was negative but I can't happy till now and I'm worrying about HIV. Can I transmit HIV by only one time anal sex and my testing with HIV result after 6 weeks can reliable. What can I do for my so much and continuous concern? Please give me your opinion upon my event.
Thank you so much for your help.
One week back I had vaginal sex with a CSW .
1. She was on top of me and my penis was totally limp and she had put a condom on it. There were hardly 4-5 strokes for a minute
( I wonder if my totally limp penis would have gone inside her, it was not in a condition to penetrate vagina but since she came on top then there would not have been any way for it to go).
After 4-5 strokes when I pulled out my penis, I saw that condom was not on it and it was lying aside. I remember 100% that she had put the condom before intercourse. Later on she gave me a handjob where I ejaculated. With respect to following condition please help me out.
1. Is there is any chance of condom slippage or in other words if my penis was in direct touch with her vagina ? What are my chances of contracting HIV. ( Really scared)
2.As far as what I know about that CSW that she was very strict and she didn't allow me to kiss, suck her breasts and was very protective. After sex she told me that condom came out from penis while pulling out and this is a normal thing .
But I am worrying because my penis was totally limp.
Please help me out as I am really freaking out. What are my chances of contracting HIV in mentioned conditions.
1. I had sex with a sex worker on 15th August 2013. I tested negative for HIV and positive for Hepatitis C 2 months after the incident. My SGOT and SGPT were elevated. I started with Interferon based treatment on 1st of January 2014. It lasted for 24 weeks. I last tested for HIV 73 days after completing HCV treatment (one year and 15 days after the sexual incident). It was negative. . My CD4 counts 25 days after the sexual incident was 854. I tested for cd4 counts 3 other times, they were 454, 421 and 423. The last two cd4 counts were 2 months after the end of Hepatitis C treatment.
2. Second Incident - A male sex worker licked my nipple and slightly bit on them. 2 days after the incident I took Hepatitis B vaccine. 4 days after the injection I had 100 degree Fahrenheit fever for 6 days.There was no other sexual contact with the worker. I did not see any blood on my nipple, there was no cut either.
I did not test for HIV after this incident, assuming it was not a risk situation.
3. 2016 June. I have protected vaginal sex with a girl. She gave me a blowjob, precum came in her mouth. There was no ejaculation of semen. 15 days after the incident , she had fever and sore throat that lasted for 3 days. Then 1 motnh after the incident she had extreme gas and bloating. She has been hospitalized for the last 4 days and has been diagnosed with colitis. She is unable to eat and is vomiting.
4. Now, I am very afraid. I have read on your site that Hepatitis C treatment can delay antibody production for HIV. My last HIV test was 73 days after completion of HCV treatment and one year and 15 days after the first sexual contact. The HCV treatment had started 4.5 months after the sexual contact. Can I conclude from this that I did not acquire HIV from the first incident?
5. I did nit test after the 2nd incident because I thought it did not carry any risk.
6. My third sexual exposure, considering her severe symptoms, I am worried that I gave HIV to her. Help. I am feeling very guilty and lost.
7. Am I infected with HIV or not?
First of all, thank you for your concerns and interests on this question.
I'd like to ask all of you several questions about HIV symptoms.
I took 4th duo test at 6 weeks after unprotected vaginal intercourse, and test result was negative. Additionally, I took RT-PCR at 3 weeks and it was also negative.
But such symptoms as one lymph node swollen on my front neck with sore throat and muscle pain around armpit have started from 4 weeks, until now. Fortunately, I have no fever and rash.
I believe that my duo test is almost conclusive for HIV-1, but have some doubt for HIV-2. My questions are as follows ;
(1) Is there any possibility of HIV-2 related to my symptoms?
(2) Is Lymph node swollen symptoms occurred mostly like persistent generalized?
(3) How much can I believe my HIV-2 negative result for my duo test?, I don't think that I can not believe 100% for HIV-2 at 6 weeks test negative result.
Your sincere opinion would be valuable for me. Thanks in advance.
I had a very unpleasant situation. I had sex with a girl and my condom broke, after that I noticed that she had also a period. I took a shower after ~15 minutes when I went home, but I'm really scared to death. Of course I will do HIV test but do you know what is the probability of HIV transmission with that risk factor like menstruation.
I've read about probability for insertive vaginal and anal sex. And as I roughly estimated - it would be something about 2% (?) chance or even lower with a single exposure of positive woman. But it's only a guess.
I've asked because when I compare probability of transmission with the overall number of estimated infected people in my country (~40000) and the population (40 mln) the overall hiv transmission of that exposure would be something about 1 over 50000.
Thanks for help :)
i have my right elbow pain its pain in a gap of 2 - 2 min and swollen gland and had vomiting and tierdness and some other symptoms.
i had a sex with one unknown girl with condom but condom broked..after 2 weaks i fell my glands slowwen and had night sweats and right elbow pain ..i was free and dint notice for symtoms of hiv .. and had sex back after 1 month to another girl and same case to first girl the condom broked at that time also i am feeling some symtoms and i din't noticed and had again sex with 3rd girl after one week and condom broked i have all symptoms i had sex first girl on 2016/may 14 and i tested hiv after 60 days it shows negative i am scared please help.. on the last girl Exposure was two weeks comparing to first girl..
So I met this girl on OK cupid and we hit it off right away. We had unprotected sex the second time we hung out. I had said, I don't have condoms, to which she replied "don't worry, I'm on birth control." We had unprotected sex for the past three weeks (probably 4-5 times), and she's given me head as well on every occasion we saw each other. This past week, I've been having a sore throat, but no fevers or anything like that. I went to the doctor, and they said it wasnt strep. The sore throat isn't going away. I'm afraid it's acute HIV syndrome. What is the likelihood of me acquiring HIV from my behavior. And, how do I discuss this with her, im terms of wearing protection, and / or asking her whether she's been tested? I don't wanna come off rude and scare her off, because im paranoid. Thanks for the help
I am ian from kenya, kindly tell me posibilities of my results.
I hard unprotected sex with a lady only to come and realize that she is hiv positive the next day, i took pep after 48hrs but i only took it for 2 days and stoped . I later did a hiv test after 74 days of exposure bt it was hiv negative i dont know how to clasify that type of test but what i know it tests for antibodies, its a strip that has 2 parts diveded by a bold blue colour, you put blood then add bufer and then you wait for results after 5 min. I was told by my doctor that the posibilities that my status will change is very slim. Should i still be woried or not. I have never experienced any signs and symptoms like fever, weight loss, swelling nodes, reshes or anything else, it only that i have had a headache for a day since i did my last test, in any case i have still had sex with my wife and my wife alone, for her i am sure she is hiv negative, she took the same test yesterday and she is negative , and now that she is still negative i am also negative too because i understand she can have accurate results after 4 to five weeks, she tested on her 5th week after exposure
Yesterday i had an sex with prostitute,while doing sex my condom was broken and fund within 30mins and my cum is not injected and even my precum is not coming out that time. any chances to effected to hiv ?? thanks in advance
Hi m a male 22, i had unprotected and oral sex in bangkok 1 month ago from today. I became sick after 5 days of exposure ,
Weakness, body pain, mouth ulcer for a week, signs of blisters but eventually didnt grow as i ignored and didnt touch it, bit of itches everywhere in the body(not in genitals), diarrohea for almost 2 weeks and now my diarrohea has dissapeared. But now there are penile pearly papules(nt sure if they were there before cz i never noticed) and few dots on the head of my penis and its dry and wrinkly specially right after masturbating. Sometimes its itchy as well and from last week till the date i have pain while, after and before urinating and I have been lately feeling weak and concerned about having hiv or stds but theres nth i can do as its only the 35th day after the exposure.
Ive had antibody and blood and stool test 2 weeks after exposure, undoubtly the result was negative and everything was okay as hiv takes 3 months to be active and be seen on the test.
I have nothing to do now except wait for another 2 months and get tested or do i have any other alternate ways of knowing about my status or i dont know what to do. What can i do now ? Please help
M dying of depression and recently suffering a relationship problem so i have had thoughts of suicide as well. But i have controlled till now.
P.S. The sex i was talking about was the 1st time i had after exactly 2 years (though i have had sex 5 or 6 times before going overseas) and it was the night just before i got back to my home country from overseas exactly after 2 years. And went back overseas exactly after 18 days of exposure.
I dont know if this information affects my chances of having stds or hiv but just mentioned it.
Thanks in advance