I only have one simple question about this Rapid HIV Test. I went to the Department of Health and Human Services for testing.
My only and first exposure was long time ago in 2013 unprotected with a girl for less then a minute. Since that incident I never had any potential exposure after that. I learned my lesson and i always use condom.
The test Fingerprick blood and my result was negative. I asked them at the health department what is that type of test we used? The Health manager and coordinator at the Department told me me it is called Alere Determine HIV1/2 Ag/Ab Combo.
I just need your opinion about that test I have undergone, I never heard of it? What do you think about it? Good? Accurate? Reliable? If so, is my test result conclusive? Or should I consider taking different test?
Hi. I am from Pakistan. I do not know where to ask this question. So please try to answer this question if you can.
I had unprotected sex with a 'shemale' (I do not know the proper term). I first had oral sex, then ejaculated in her anus.
She seemed pretty neat, and told me that she never does unprotected sex and was doing with me because I looked neat too. Please help me in this issue, I am really worried.
hi, my gf and i got tested for chlamydia and other stds, and we came out positive for chlamydia, and negative for every other std (HIV, herpes, etc).
We got treated for chlamydia and couple days later we boh came back negative for chlamydia. couple days later, she gave me a hand job that led to me getting a scab on my shaft. the next day we had unprotected sex and noticed the scab fell off and very minor cut where the scab used to be. we had unprotected sex about 4 times when my scab fell off and noticed that she was on her period for the last sexual encounter (blood while having sex on my penis from her period). We always wash up after having sex.
MY question is, is it possible to get some type of STD or HIV due to the fact i had a small cut on my penis while she was on her period while we had sex? we both tested negative for all std's including HIV, herpes, syphillis etc. We tested positive for chlamydia, but got treated and then we had sex when tests came back negative. What is my risk for HIV? or any other STD?
I am a 16 year old female and 8 weeks ago I has unprotected sex with a male of the same age as a drunken mistake. We had sex twice in one night, the first time we used a condom and the second time we didn't.
For the past 3 days I have suffered from a very mild fever which included;
mild headache, slight muscle pains, pain in the back of eyes when I move them and night sweats. I also had dierrea for the first day and now the fever is almost gone I have noticed my eyes are very very slightly starting to yellow. I hardly ever get fevers so I got worried and searched the symptoms on the internet to see acute HIV cause fever like symptoms which really got me worried. I don't think I have the HIV rash as my rash doesn't look like that because it is on my right chest/shoulder and they are little red spots with some that have puss in them (they do not itch) also the rash flared up while I was abroad in Spain for 2 weeks, a week ago. I got bitten by Mosquitos but I don't think that has anything to do with the fever.
I know I need to get checked out and I will do very soon but just wanted to see what you have to say. Also how long does it take to get infected by HIV after unprotected sex and how long does it usually take acute HIV symptoms to show up after unprotected sex?
Hi, Thank you for this plateform. I had sex with a lady i met on a trip however without a condom. The next day i realized i have been stupid. same week after the exposure i experienced about 2 weeks dryness in my mouth and loss of energy with headaches. six weeks down the line i experienced rashes which are smallish and looks like pimples on my face and chest and arms. I am in the seventh week (50 days) and still having the rash on my face, neck and chest (scattered).
I tested on the sixth week (rapid test) and it was negative. What is the chance of positive HIV on the 12th week? are my symptoms an indication of HIV infection?
I am male, 25 years old, foolishly had unprotected sex with a sex worker 6 weeks back. She probably was 28-35 years old. The whole sexual encounter lasted around 40 mins and it was mostly kissing and oral (fellitio) but for around 25-30 seconds I inserted my penis in her vagina. The moment I realized it, I took it out. Later, I ejaculated in her mouth.
21st day after the encounter - I had a small cut in my tongue out of nowhere and it was healed within the day
On the 22nd-28th day - red bumps with white center pop-ed up in several places of my body (none were in the genital or oral area though) but, except one, those too went away within the day. The exceptional one pop-ed up near my right ear and took around 3-4 days to heal, it was slightly bigger than the others and left its mark there after it was healed. None of these were painful or caused itchy or burning sensation before appearing.
On 37th day, I had horrible toothache in the back of my mouth by my wisdom teeth (which are still in my mouth) and stayed around 2 days
Today (42nd day after possible exposure) I spotted two white spots on the gum of my front teeth (not itchy or painful), which might or might not have been there before (I am a chain smoker).
On my 30th day, I consulted with a doctor, he examined and suggested me to run some tests (CBC, HBSAg, AntiHCV, HSV-1/2 IgG and HSV1) and prescribed some medicine. All my test came negative except HSV-1/2 IgG test. The result of IgM test came back negative but the result of HSV-1/2 IgG (not specific) was 17.40. My doctor said I had it for quite some time, probably since my childhood, and if I never experienced any outbreaks ever then there is a possibility that I would never experience any for the rest of my life.
Would be really grateful if you please could answer my questions:
1. Can those be the symptoms of any of the Herpes from the recent exposure?
2. Though my doctor said the result of my IgM test is negative, 0.68 gm/l (reference range 0.4-2.4 gm/l) but can anyone tell me is it really negative or in un-determine stage? or is it possible that I get Herpes from my recent incident?
4. Should I get re-tested for Herpes again at the 60th day (2 month after the sexual encounter) or is the result I got from my last test conclusive?
5. I read from other posts here that the risk of HIV is negligible through oral sex but just to be assure is it possible for me to get HIV in my case (given I probably have weak gum or the issue of that wisdom teeth)?
Thank you for taking the time to read it. I would be grateful to you if you suggest me some advice and clear up my confusion by answering my question. Pardon me for my terrible English and unorganized presentation. Thank you.
Thanks in advance for replying and helping,
I had 3 times unprotected sex with the same person who is HIV positive. First time was hardly 2 seconds, 2nd time was 30 seconds or so and 3rd time for 15 mins approx, all on different days. When I first met her she told me that she has lost lot of weight with natural medicines. After our last meet I was terrified and things started to pop up in my mind that loosing weight could be because of HIV and the way she has sex with me looks she is a sex addict and must be doing the same with everyone out there. So I then secretly consulted other girls around the same place, who than informed me that she is mad about sex and people have reported she even drinks sperm and offers free sex to people who comes for massage, also got to know that she was very obese initially and had lost weight tremendously.
After being terrified with these news I went back to her this time with a condom, and went as if a regular sex meet. Before starting I told her about my anxiety since past few weeks and my worries, but she clearly refused to be HIV positive and saw a complete new side of her by the way she then talked and reacted as if I asked her what she's got. After that I returned home and couldn't get sleep in the night thinking about my wife, and also couldn't make any physical relationship with her. On the 19th day of last exposure without condom, I went ahead and took an early test of PCR RNA and p24 antibidy, but the lab said it will take 4-5 days for the result. So I went to another lab and tested myself with ELISA which looked like a pregnancy tester strip and the lab put my blood on it and said it is negative. I am now sure that preexposure with her I was not infected. But right now, as there is 3-4 days more to go for the results of PCR RNA and p24 test I am dying with guilt and anxiety. I am restless, I need help to find how are my chances against the odds. And what else would cause here severe weightloss? If HIV, then what stage would it have been? I am dying with questions.
PS: a lesson learned that will never ever do it without a condom, never ever.
Dear Sir or Madam
I'm 29 and homosexual and circumcised. Last 13th May 2016 I had experienced unprotected sex with male partner. I had two times intercourse with this partner and the first time (at night) I used condom and gel correctly but in second time (at early morning) I had intercourse again and I used lubricant and condom at initial stage, then I removed condom at middle stage and I think after just 5 minutes I made ejaculation. One month later after happening it, I've known that my partner is HIV positive. So, I went to clinic and tested HIV with ELISA Test at 6 weeks (41 days) exactly. Fortunately, my result was negative but I can't happy till now and I'm worrying about HIV. Can I transmit HIV by only one time anal sex and my testing with HIV result after 6 weeks can reliable. What can I do for my so much and continuous concern? Please give me your opinion upon my event.
Thank you so much for your help.
One week back I had vaginal sex with a CSW .
1. She was on top of me and my penis was totally limp and she had put a condom on it. There were hardly 4-5 strokes for a minute
( I wonder if my totally limp penis would have gone inside her, it was not in a condition to penetrate vagina but since she came on top then there would not have been any way for it to go).
After 4-5 strokes when I pulled out my penis, I saw that condom was not on it and it was lying aside. I remember 100% that she had put the condom before intercourse. Later on she gave me a handjob where I ejaculated. With respect to following condition please help me out.
1. Is there is any chance of condom slippage or in other words if my penis was in direct touch with her vagina ? What are my chances of contracting HIV. ( Really scared)
2.As far as what I know about that CSW that she was very strict and she didn't allow me to kiss, suck her breasts and was very protective. After sex she told me that condom came out from penis while pulling out and this is a normal thing .
But I am worrying because my penis was totally limp.
Please help me out as I am really freaking out. What are my chances of contracting HIV in mentioned conditions.
1. I had sex with a sex worker on 15th August 2013. I tested negative for HIV and positive for Hepatitis C 2 months after the incident. My SGOT and SGPT were elevated. I started with Interferon based treatment on 1st of January 2014. It lasted for 24 weeks. I last tested for HIV 73 days after completing HCV treatment (one year and 15 days after the sexual incident). It was negative. . My CD4 counts 25 days after the sexual incident was 854. I tested for cd4 counts 3 other times, they were 454, 421 and 423. The last two cd4 counts were 2 months after the end of Hepatitis C treatment.
2. Second Incident - A male sex worker licked my nipple and slightly bit on them. 2 days after the incident I took Hepatitis B vaccine. 4 days after the injection I had 100 degree Fahrenheit fever for 6 days.There was no other sexual contact with the worker. I did not see any blood on my nipple, there was no cut either.
I did not test for HIV after this incident, assuming it was not a risk situation.
3. 2016 June. I have protected vaginal sex with a girl. She gave me a blowjob, precum came in her mouth. There was no ejaculation of semen. 15 days after the incident , she had fever and sore throat that lasted for 3 days. Then 1 motnh after the incident she had extreme gas and bloating. She has been hospitalized for the last 4 days and has been diagnosed with colitis. She is unable to eat and is vomiting.
4. Now, I am very afraid. I have read on your site that Hepatitis C treatment can delay antibody production for HIV. My last HIV test was 73 days after completion of HCV treatment and one year and 15 days after the first sexual contact. The HCV treatment had started 4.5 months after the sexual contact. Can I conclude from this that I did not acquire HIV from the first incident?
5. I did nit test after the 2nd incident because I thought it did not carry any risk.
6. My third sexual exposure, considering her severe symptoms, I am worried that I gave HIV to her. Help. I am feeling very guilty and lost.
7. Am I infected with HIV or not?