Good morning I read many answers in HIV HELP LINE however one of your volunteers has given inconsistent and erroneous answers that are consistent with the responses of the other volunteers. While everyone indicates that the window period is 12 weeks (84 days) Mr. Trevor indicates that they are 90 and he has answered many that if they have taken the test at 84 they should do it again after 90 days. He also replied that the elisa of 4 generation is not a duo test. So, the question is because someone from your volunteer community called "Trevor" responds differently to all the rest ????
I had unprotected sex with a sex worker.after 4 days I was placed on 30 days PEP (Yes, I know it is late). I completed the 30 days and 4 weeks post PEP (8.5 weeks post exposure) I had 2 Rapid finger prick tests. Both came back Negative.
1. I was wondering if PEP has any chance at working after 3 days ?
2. What are the chances of it interfering with an antibody test at 8 weeks post exposure ?
Thanks for your time
my last intercourse with a thailand commercial sex worker was on 11.01.2019
i got the following test
HIV1 & 2 ANTIBODIES SCREENING TEST SERUM FROM LAL PATH LABS NEGATIVE
HIV 1 & 2 ANTIBODIES SCREENING TEST SERUM FROM LAL PATH LABS NEGATIVE
HIV 1 & 2 ANTIBODIES AND P24 ANTIGEN TEST FROM LAL PATH LABS 0.14 NON REACTIVE
my question is that can a man take more than 3 MONTHS to produce hiv antibodies
do i need further testing or its sufficient
I had a risky exposure on Jan. 17, 2019. I tested negative at 13 days (RNA), 18 days (RNA), 20 days (RNA), 27 days (4th gen), 34 days (4th gen), 48 days (4th gen) and 90 days (4th gen). What are the chances I could still be positive? I haven't had any risky encounters since the initial one. What would cause someone to not develop antibodies until after 90 days?
I was doing a pap test when all of a sudden there is some bleeding, and it splashes into my left eye. I don't know the status of the patient, but what are my chances if this person is HIV - vs HIV +? Is it possible to contract HIV this way? I'm thinking that the mucous membrane of my eye is a entry point.
I am a male, had a protected the vaginal sex with CSW.
But the condom broke , we stopped as soon as we realized.
Not sure how long the exposure was.
This is my only exposure.
I was under tremendous stress & anxiety since then.
I had done the 4th generation DUO test at the lab (in the US at LabCorp) after 6 weeks.
I did another test at the lab (in the US at LabCorp) after 10 weeks & 3 days.
Both the test results came as NonReactive.
Are my results conclusive ?
Should I test again after 12 weeks?
What are the changes of the this result changing from NonReactive between 10th week & 12 week.
I had an exposure 6 times on two consective days. Unprotected virginal sex. I took PEP for 28 days which i started within 72hours. I took HIV duo test at 14 weeks 1 day post PEP (18 weeks 2 days post exposure) which came out non reactive (0.02). I also took Hepatitis C rapid antibody test at 122 days post exposure and it was negative. The problem is that i have been having oral thrush for almost 3 months now. Can i rely on my results or should i wait for six months in case of delayed seroconversion? Is my hepatitis C result also conclusive? Am really scared please help. By the way the baseline HIV antibody test for both me and the lady i had sex with was negative but to rule out possibility of window period i took PEP.
I had an exposure and took PEP for 28 days which i started within 72 hours. I did the following tests which all came back non reactive:
1) At 105 days post exposure (76 days post pep) 3rd Generation HIV Elisa Antibody test which was non reactive.
2) At 119 days post exposure (90 days post pep) Determine HIV Antibody test which was still non reactive.
3) At 122 days post exposure-Hepatitis C rapid test which came back non reactive as well. Can i consider my results conclusive since the guidelines state that delayed seroconversion only occurred in people who acquired Hepatitis C together with the HIV virus. Please respond and this will be the last time am asking.
I was manic for a while and got involved with some dom/sub play with another guy in my area. He collected some cum in a container about 3 days before I came over and kept it in the fridge. I wound up being convinced to swallow it. We then had protected sex.
My question is would the refrigerated cum be a large risk factor? I tested with the INSTI test 32 days post exposure and it was non reactive. My only concern is that on one side of my neck I can now feel my lymph node which is about the size of a pea, but not painful. Thanks for any help you can give.
I have a few theoritical questions about HIV blood transmission.
1. You probably know the common practice of high-school blood oaths, where a grop of people cut their palms or their wrist arteries with a razor and then perform contact or handshake with deep wounds. My question is - In this situation will PEP will needed (and testing respectively)
2. A person decides to donate blood and it happens to be in his/hers WINDOW PEROD. Is there a possibility the medical staff not to detect the virus and then to be transmitted to other people?
3. As a final of my inquiery I would like to ask you about the famous myth "synergy filled with hiv blood". For how long it is possible the virus in the blood to survive there.
Thanks in advance fo your help and answers
Thanks in advance for the answers