I am male, 25 years old, foolishly had unprotected sex with a sex worker 6 weeks back. She probably was 28-35 years old. The whole sexual encounter lasted around 40 mins and it was mostly kissing and oral (fellitio) but for around 25-30 seconds I inserted my penis in her vagina. The moment I realized it, I took it out. Later, I ejaculated in her mouth.
21st day after the encounter - I had a small cut in my tongue out of nowhere and it was healed within the day
On the 22nd-28th day - red bumps with white center pop-ed up in several places of my body (none were in the genital or oral area though) but, except one, those too went away within the day. The exceptional one pop-ed up near my right ear and took around 3-4 days to heal, it was slightly bigger than the others and left its mark there after it was healed. None of these were painful or caused itchy or burning sensation before appearing.
On 37th day, I had horrible toothache in the back of my mouth by my wisdom teeth (which are still in my mouth) and stayed around 2 days
Today (42nd day after possible exposure) I spotted two white spots on the gum of my front teeth (not itchy or painful), which might or might not have been there before (I am a chain smoker).
On my 30th day, I consulted with a doctor, he examined and suggested me to run some tests (CBC, HBSAg, AntiHCV, HSV-1/2 IgG and HSV1) and prescribed some medicine. All my test came negative except HSV-1/2 IgG test. The result of IgM test came back negative but the result of HSV-1/2 IgG (not specific) was 17.40. My doctor said I had it for quite some time, probably since my childhood, and if I never experienced any outbreaks ever then there is a possibility that I would never experience any for the rest of my life.
Would be really grateful if you please could answer my questions:
1. Can those be the symptoms of any of the Herpes from the recent exposure?
2. Though my doctor said the result of my IgM test is negative, 0.68 gm/l (reference range 0.4-2.4 gm/l) but can anyone tell me is it really negative or in un-determine stage? or is it possible that I get Herpes from my recent incident?
4. Should I get re-tested for Herpes again at the 60th day (2 month after the sexual encounter) or is the result I got from my last test conclusive?
5. I read from other posts here that the risk of HIV is negligible through oral sex but just to be assure is it possible for me to get HIV in my case (given I probably have weak gum or the issue of that wisdom teeth)?
Thank you for taking the time to read it. I would be grateful to you if you suggest me some advice and clear up my confusion by answering my question. Pardon me for my terrible English and unorganized presentation. Thank you.
Thanks in advance for replying and helping,
I had 3 times unprotected sex with the same person who is HIV positive. First time was hardly 2 seconds, 2nd time was 30 seconds or so and 3rd time for 15 mins approx, all on different days. When I first met her she told me that she has lost lot of weight with natural medicines. After our last meet I was terrified and things started to pop up in my mind that loosing weight could be because of HIV and the way she has sex with me looks she is a sex addict and must be doing the same with everyone out there. So I then secretly consulted other girls around the same place, who than informed me that she is mad about sex and people have reported she even drinks sperm and offers free sex to people who comes for massage, also got to know that she was very obese initially and had lost weight tremendously.
After being terrified with these news I went back to her this time with a condom, and went as if a regular sex meet. Before starting I told her about my anxiety since past few weeks and my worries, but she clearly refused to be HIV positive and saw a complete new side of her by the way she then talked and reacted as if I asked her what she's got. After that I returned home and couldn't get sleep in the night thinking about my wife, and also couldn't make any physical relationship with her. On the 19th day of last exposure without condom, I went ahead and took an early test of PCR RNA and p24 antibidy, but the lab said it will take 4-5 days for the result. So I went to another lab and tested myself with ELISA which looked like a pregnancy tester strip and the lab put my blood on it and said it is negative. I am now sure that preexposure with her I was not infected. But right now, as there is 3-4 days more to go for the results of PCR RNA and p24 test I am dying with guilt and anxiety. I am restless, I need help to find how are my chances against the odds. And what else would cause here severe weightloss? If HIV, then what stage would it have been? I am dying with questions.
PS: a lesson learned that will never ever do it without a condom, never ever.
I had unprotected oral sex with a person of unknown HIV status about three weeks ago (both giving and receiving). One week after exposure, I had a 4th generation test that came back negative. 13-14 days after exposure I had a HIV 1 RNA, QN PCR test with sensitivity to <20 (copies/mL) that came back Not Detected.
At three weeks, I am now feeling a bit off -- slight fever, body aches, red blotchy palms, some unexplained rashes on my arm.
Can I take any comfort in my HIV RNA test?
Also, I want to get tested again soon (the anxiety is killing me). Should I take a 4th Generation test, or try to take another HIV RNA test?
1. I had sex with a sex worker on 15th August 2013. I tested negative for HIV and positive for Hepatitis C 2 months after the incident. My SGOT and SGPT were elevated. I started with Interferon based treatment on 1st of January 2014. It lasted for 24 weeks. I last tested for HIV 73 days after completing HCV treatment (one year and 15 days after the sexual incident). It was negative. . My CD4 counts 25 days after the sexual incident was 854. I tested for cd4 counts 3 other times, they were 454, 421 and 423. The last two cd4 counts were 2 months after the end of Hepatitis C treatment.
2. Second Incident - A male sex worker licked my nipple and slightly bit on them. 2 days after the incident I took Hepatitis B vaccine. 4 days after the injection I had 100 degree Fahrenheit fever for 6 days.There was no other sexual contact with the worker. I did not see any blood on my nipple, there was no cut either.
I did not test for HIV after this incident, assuming it was not a risk situation.
3. 2016 June. I have protected vaginal sex with a girl. She gave me a blowjob, precum came in her mouth. There was no ejaculation of semen. 15 days after the incident , she had fever and sore throat that lasted for 3 days. Then 1 motnh after the incident she had extreme gas and bloating. She has been hospitalized for the last 4 days and has been diagnosed with colitis. She is unable to eat and is vomiting.
4. Now, I am very afraid. I have read on your site that Hepatitis C treatment can delay antibody production for HIV. My last HIV test was 73 days after completion of HCV treatment and one year and 15 days after the first sexual contact. The HCV treatment had started 4.5 months after the sexual contact. Can I conclude from this that I did not acquire HIV from the first incident?
5. I did nit test after the 2nd incident because I thought it did not carry any risk.
6. My third sexual exposure, considering her severe symptoms, I am worried that I gave HIV to her. Help. I am feeling very guilty and lost.
7. Am I infected with HIV or not?
First of all, thank you for your concerns and interests on this question.
I'd like to ask all of you several questions about HIV symptoms.
I took 4th duo test at 6 weeks after unprotected vaginal intercourse, and test result was negative. Additionally, I took RT-PCR at 3 weeks and it was also negative.
But such symptoms as one lymph node swollen on my front neck with sore throat and muscle pain around armpit have started from 4 weeks, until now. Fortunately, I have no fever and rash.
I believe that my duo test is almost conclusive for HIV-1, but have some doubt for HIV-2. My questions are as follows ;
(1) Is there any possibility of HIV-2 related to my symptoms?
(2) Is Lymph node swollen symptoms occurred mostly like persistent generalized?
(3) How much can I believe my HIV-2 negative result for my duo test?, I don't think that I can not believe 100% for HIV-2 at 6 weeks test negative result.
Your sincere opinion would be valuable for me. Thanks in advance.
I did unprotected sex with a young girl (which, as she said she is not a CSW) on 18 April 2016. Let me call this incident as ‘A-Incident.' I licked her vagina, did vaginal encounter without condom (which, as she said she is very rare do a sex without condom before) and ejaculates in outside of her vagina. We did sex twice. After that, on 21 May 2016, ‘B-Incident’, I did sex with a CSW. I received blowjob service from her without a condom but when do vaginal encounter I wore a condom. On 7 June 2016, there were four ulcers on my left arm, I’ve got a cough and burp. And also a bit sore throat. I am fasting. There is no diarrhea, no swollen lymph nodes, no fever and no sprue. I started to think about HIV. Therefore I decided to check for HIV using CMIA method on 9 June 2016 (52 days from ‘A-incident’ and 19 days from ‘B-incident’) and got the result non-reactive 0,12. But I am still worried, then I took another test(also using CMIA method) on 25 June 2016 (68 days from ‘A-incident’ and 35 days from ‘B-incident’), and the result non-reactive 0,06. Last CMIA test was yesterday (12 July 2016, which 12 weeks+1 day/85 days after ‘A-incident’ and 52 days after ‘B-incident’). I did VDRL test as well, which the result was negative. My questions are: do I need another test? Does the last test is conclusive? Thank you before and sorry for my bad English.
My exposure was protected vaginal sex ( possible expired condom & slipped off), with receiving unprotected oral sex, I tested Negative with Hiv Duo test ( 10th,13th, 25th, 28th, 42nd day) however from where i stay guidelines advise me to take a test post period of 6 months, so i took a test after 8th Month mark, the test name was - HIV 1 & 2 WITH p24 Antigen - Method - CMIA , the test results came back negative. i'm worried if this test check for both antibody and antigen since the report read - ( HIV 1 & 2 with P24 Antigen - CMIA Method), Kindly help
I had tonsillitis in May but never went to a doctor to get it checked because it didn't really bother me and I thought I would just let it settle. 2 months later, I did a blood test for HIV and here are the results.
HIV1/2 Ag/Ab Combo - Reactive
HIV1 p24 Antigen - non-reactive
HIV1 Western blot - Negative
HIV final interpretation - No HIV p24 antigen detected; Inconclusive for HIV1/HIV2 antibodies
If my tonsillitis was due to a virus (maybe mono), could this have affected the combo test and show as reactive? I would consider myself as low risk individual (protected sex, no drugs using needle) but the test result is causing a lot of distress. I will have to do another blood test in 4 weeks but I'm scared the combo test will show reactive again because of my recent tonsillitis.
Around November, I had unprotected oral sex. Im pretty sure he didnt cum or anything but three months later i started feeling flu like symptoms. I would feel this tingle on my lips for a few months, a few weeks ago i brushed my teeth with an old toothbrush that I switched after I had oral sex after my tongue started tingle/burning. Then i started having diaherra and i threw up twice and the second time it was because i put my finger in my throat and threw up water.. I didnt eat much that day so after i threw up that water i started to feel chills and pain through my whole body. after that everytime i ate or drank water i would just poo and pee it out. i felt really constipated. so i went to the doctors he said i was hiv negative but i told him i feel like this pin and needles but he said its been awhile since sexual contact. i found out i have hemorrhoids but i feel like this crawling sensation in my body.. is that hiv cd4 crawling inmy body? am i infected???
I have been constantly worried about my HIV status - it has now been 18 weeks since I had unprotected vaginal intercourse (lasted around 30seconds) with someone who I do not trust. I did a rapid test at 17,5 weeks and it came back negative, but my throat hurts a lot (my glands send waves of pain, I produce too much and too thick saliva and my ears and head hurt quite often - I have fever on and off). I have seen a number of doctors who have not been able to help me. My partner has been feeling a sore throat for the past three weeks, which makes me even more worried that I might have passed something onto him.
I would be really thankful if you could tell me what to do and how high the risk of my status turning positive still is.
Thank you very much.