I had unprotected oral sex with a person of unknown HIV status about three weeks ago (both giving and receiving). One week after exposure, I had a 4th generation test that came back negative. 13-14 days after exposure I had a HIV 1 RNA, QN PCR test with sensitivity to <20 (copies/mL) that came back Not Detected.
At three weeks, I am now feeling a bit off -- slight fever, body aches, red blotchy palms, some unexplained rashes on my arm.
Can I take any comfort in my HIV RNA test?
Also, I want to get tested again soon (the anxiety is killing me). Should I take a 4th Generation test, or try to take another HIV RNA test?
1. I had sex with a sex worker on 15th August 2013. I tested negative for HIV and positive for Hepatitis C 2 months after the incident. My SGOT and SGPT were elevated. I started with Interferon based treatment on 1st of January 2014. It lasted for 24 weeks. I last tested for HIV 73 days after completing HCV treatment (one year and 15 days after the sexual incident). It was negative. . My CD4 counts 25 days after the sexual incident was 854. I tested for cd4 counts 3 other times, they were 454, 421 and 423. The last two cd4 counts were 2 months after the end of Hepatitis C treatment.
2. Second Incident - A male sex worker licked my nipple and slightly bit on them. 2 days after the incident I took Hepatitis B vaccine. 4 days after the injection I had 100 degree Fahrenheit fever for 6 days.There was no other sexual contact with the worker. I did not see any blood on my nipple, there was no cut either.
I did not test for HIV after this incident, assuming it was not a risk situation.
3. 2016 June. I have protected vaginal sex with a girl. She gave me a blowjob, precum came in her mouth. There was no ejaculation of semen. 15 days after the incident , she had fever and sore throat that lasted for 3 days. Then 1 motnh after the incident she had extreme gas and bloating. She has been hospitalized for the last 4 days and has been diagnosed with colitis. She is unable to eat and is vomiting.
4. Now, I am very afraid. I have read on your site that Hepatitis C treatment can delay antibody production for HIV. My last HIV test was 73 days after completion of HCV treatment and one year and 15 days after the first sexual contact. The HCV treatment had started 4.5 months after the sexual contact. Can I conclude from this that I did not acquire HIV from the first incident?
5. I did nit test after the 2nd incident because I thought it did not carry any risk.
6. My third sexual exposure, considering her severe symptoms, I am worried that I gave HIV to her. Help. I am feeling very guilty and lost.
7. Am I infected with HIV or not?
First of all, thank you for your concerns and interests on this question.
I'd like to ask all of you several questions about HIV symptoms.
I took 4th duo test at 6 weeks after unprotected vaginal intercourse, and test result was negative. Additionally, I took RT-PCR at 3 weeks and it was also negative.
But such symptoms as one lymph node swollen on my front neck with sore throat and muscle pain around armpit have started from 4 weeks, until now. Fortunately, I have no fever and rash.
I believe that my duo test is almost conclusive for HIV-1, but have some doubt for HIV-2. My questions are as follows ;
(1) Is there any possibility of HIV-2 related to my symptoms?
(2) Is Lymph node swollen symptoms occurred mostly like persistent generalized?
(3) How much can I believe my HIV-2 negative result for my duo test?, I don't think that I can not believe 100% for HIV-2 at 6 weeks test negative result.
Your sincere opinion would be valuable for me. Thanks in advance.
I did unprotected sex with a young girl (which, as she said she is not a CSW) on 18 April 2016. Let me call this incident as ‘A-Incident.' I licked her vagina, did vaginal encounter without condom (which, as she said she is very rare do a sex without condom before) and ejaculates in outside of her vagina. We did sex twice. After that, on 21 May 2016, ‘B-Incident’, I did sex with a CSW. I received blowjob service from her without a condom but when do vaginal encounter I wore a condom. On 7 June 2016, there were four ulcers on my left arm, I’ve got a cough and burp. And also a bit sore throat. I am fasting. There is no diarrhea, no swollen lymph nodes, no fever and no sprue. I started to think about HIV. Therefore I decided to check for HIV using CMIA method on 9 June 2016 (52 days from ‘A-incident’ and 19 days from ‘B-incident’) and got the result non-reactive 0,12. But I am still worried, then I took another test(also using CMIA method) on 25 June 2016 (68 days from ‘A-incident’ and 35 days from ‘B-incident’), and the result non-reactive 0,06. Last CMIA test was yesterday (12 July 2016, which 12 weeks+1 day/85 days after ‘A-incident’ and 52 days after ‘B-incident’). I did VDRL test as well, which the result was negative. My questions are: do I need another test? Does the last test is conclusive? Thank you before and sorry for my bad English.
My exposure was protected vaginal sex ( possible expired condom & slipped off), with receiving unprotected oral sex, I tested Negative with Hiv Duo test ( 10th,13th, 25th, 28th, 42nd day) however from where i stay guidelines advise me to take a test post period of 6 months, so i took a test after 8th Month mark, the test name was - HIV 1 & 2 WITH p24 Antigen - Method - CMIA , the test results came back negative. i'm worried if this test check for both antibody and antigen since the report read - ( HIV 1 & 2 with P24 Antigen - CMIA Method), Kindly help
I had tonsillitis in May but never went to a doctor to get it checked because it didn't really bother me and I thought I would just let it settle. 2 months later, I did a blood test for HIV and here are the results.
HIV1/2 Ag/Ab Combo - Reactive
HIV1 p24 Antigen - non-reactive
HIV1 Western blot - Negative
HIV final interpretation - No HIV p24 antigen detected; Inconclusive for HIV1/HIV2 antibodies
If my tonsillitis was due to a virus (maybe mono), could this have affected the combo test and show as reactive? I would consider myself as low risk individual (protected sex, no drugs using needle) but the test result is causing a lot of distress. I will have to do another blood test in 4 weeks but I'm scared the combo test will show reactive again because of my recent tonsillitis.
Around November, I had unprotected oral sex. Im pretty sure he didnt cum or anything but three months later i started feeling flu like symptoms. I would feel this tingle on my lips for a few months, a few weeks ago i brushed my teeth with an old toothbrush that I switched after I had oral sex after my tongue started tingle/burning. Then i started having diaherra and i threw up twice and the second time it was because i put my finger in my throat and threw up water.. I didnt eat much that day so after i threw up that water i started to feel chills and pain through my whole body. after that everytime i ate or drank water i would just poo and pee it out. i felt really constipated. so i went to the doctors he said i was hiv negative but i told him i feel like this pin and needles but he said its been awhile since sexual contact. i found out i have hemorrhoids but i feel like this crawling sensation in my body.. is that hiv cd4 crawling inmy body? am i infected???
I have been constantly worried about my HIV status - it has now been 18 weeks since I had unprotected vaginal intercourse (lasted around 30seconds) with someone who I do not trust. I did a rapid test at 17,5 weeks and it came back negative, but my throat hurts a lot (my glands send waves of pain, I produce too much and too thick saliva and my ears and head hurt quite often - I have fever on and off). I have seen a number of doctors who have not been able to help me. My partner has been feeling a sore throat for the past three weeks, which makes me even more worried that I might have passed something onto him.
I would be really thankful if you could tell me what to do and how high the risk of my status turning positive still is.
Thank you very much.
So I met this girl on OK cupid and we hit it off right away. We had unprotected sex the second time we hung out. I had said, I don't have condoms, to which she replied "don't worry, I'm on birth control." We had unprotected sex for the past three weeks (probably 4-5 times), and she's given me head as well on every occasion we saw each other. This past week, I've been having a sore throat, but no fevers or anything like that. I went to the doctor, and they said it wasnt strep. The sore throat isn't going away. I'm afraid it's acute HIV syndrome. What is the likelihood of me acquiring HIV from my behavior. And, how do I discuss this with her, im terms of wearing protection, and / or asking her whether she's been tested? I don't wanna come off rude and scare her off, because im paranoid. Thanks for the help
Good day. I had an awkward night with a sex worker last September. We had French kiss ( I had a cavity in my teeth and I do not remember whether there was obvious blood or not in her mouth) , rubbing my penis (unprotected) on her vagina without inserting and 3 times protected vaginal sex with her as long as I remember the condoms were intact. Starting point of awful days was at 29 days after exposure by getting a cold-like and maddening anxiety. Day by day, I was finding new symptoms (as I thought). I felt fluctuation pains inside of arm’s muscles. Moreover, I was a little bit feeling cool on my both hand until I wore a jacket which somehow disappeared them from days of 42 to 48. At 42 days after my risky action when I thought I was HIV positive, my 4th Gen HIV Elisa test came out Non-Reactive. I could not believe the test result. I assumed that something goes wrong on my body not to produce enough antibody in order to be diagnosis by test. Further, I went to the same Lab (a private lab in Iran) to retest at 12 weeks mark which again was Non-Reactive through 4th Gen Elisa. After that, I started thinking that definitely the Lab's Technician was not master to conduct the test although he told me he was experienced about 2-3 years in immunology diagnosis departments. I could not help thinking myself until 200 days when I went to another lab to retest because of my killer anxiety regarding unreliability of last couple tests. The new Lab uses ECL method which is fully automated diagnosis screening method. Again came out non-Reactive. I just got calmed down for a while. After one month, again anxieties came into my mind that may be they did something wrong. Of course, most probably my worries are somehow due to obsessions. Now, I would like you to assure me whether my exposure was risky? Was my teeth made French kissing risky action for HIV transmission? Were my ARS related to HIV or not. Thanks a lot