« Go Back

High risk


I had sex with a girl unknown status, one night 4 times, but every time used a new condom, and at every trip checked it was not broken. after exposure, at 7 day i went to an exhibition where thousands of people visit every day.at 11th and 12th day start dry cough was not sure there is fever or not, doctor give me amoxicillin, next day (13) at noon i feel cold, i checked my temperature it was 38.2 from oral, I bought parastomal and took at noon the fever goes down at 37.4, but at evening again fever 38.2,i took again at night it goes drop at 37.3, then morning at day 14th there was again fever 38.0 and there was 2 ulcer in my throat painful with white color, i took amoxicillin, and parastomal at 14th day fever goes down, at 37.5 at noon and evening i took medicine again, and at 15th day fever goes away, and at 16th day ulcer goes away, i used one chinese medicine for ulceraway, There are no rashes, was little pain in body, and head, (maybe cause of cold because i stayed whole day outside, or maybe viral infection) ...
have fever 3 days, 2nd day ulcer in throat, what do you think is this casue of ARSsysmptom ? or could be common cold virus? I know it not possible to get idea about HIV from symptoms, but just want know your expert opinion, does it look like ARS or common cold?



Thank you for your inquiry. From what we gather from the question, you were asking about the cause of your symptoms. Vaginal sex with a condom is considered Low Risk for HIV transmission due to improper use and potential breakage of the condom.

Regarding your inquiry about HIV, we can not rely on symptoms to tell whether you have HIV, since HIV tends to mirror other viral illnesses and conditions; the only way to know for sure is to get tested. The symptoms of HIV vary, depending on the individual and what stage of the disease they are in: the early stage, the clinical latency stage, or AIDS (the late stage of HIV infection). If your symptoms are not improving despite taking medications we recommend an HIV test.

Recommendation: Refer to Physician for HIV test.

Regards, AIDS Vancouver Helpline/Online, (Vardah)