Hello. You have a great site! I am sorry it may sound like a strange question. I bought vitamins in store the other day. The bottle had a protective seal on it, the one which is glued to the top of the bottle (over the hole). I lifted it up, took a couple of vitamins, and then saw some red mark , which looked like a drop of blood (smudged) . I am not sure, of course, if it was blood. But if it was, considering tablets might touched it when I took it out, and the smudge was "sealed in" between the bottle and the seal itself, (so not much oxygen) would there be a risk of me getting HIV if it was blood and it was from a positive person? I am very worried. I opened the bottle around 4 months after it was manufactured. Would HIV survive even if because it was sealed not much oxygen was touching it. Do I need to test? Thank you
I drank from a water fountain immediately after an HIV affected person did. Could I have come in contact with the virus?
Hi, last 10 day I went to massage parlour, had a full body massage with oil then had a hand job masturbation with oil and without condom (I was naked), until I finished on her hand. (Before hand job I went to toilet pee and there is no pain in the urethra.)
First of all I would like to mention:-
1. I didn't touch her with my hands what so ever.
2.She only did me a hand job nothing more.
3.She didn't touch herself at all.
4. She is not naked.
After that I went back home for shower due to my whole body has oil, so I ended up use body shampoo to clean my penis and anal, after few second my urethra was pain/sting but after 15 mins not pain/sting at all even I pee. (There is no wound on my penis) I do google it is because body shampoo went in urethra caused it pain/sting, so it is true?
So my questions is:-
1. Would I be infected with HIV when she performed a handjob on me?
2. There was no vaginal sex, anal sex or oral sex involved. It was only a handjob mentioned in the current scenario. Is it even possible to get HIV through hand jobs? (She had not cuts on her and even I didn't have any cuts on me.)
3. Should I get tested for HIV?
4. If the oil had HIV from previous customers, would I be infected as well through the handjob?
Please let me know if I am at a risk. I haven't had any sleep since the incident. Thank you!
Hello. I am staying at the hotel. Room looked clean, I was very tired, so went to bed right away. When I woke up, I saw that the sheet I was sleeping on had a very large brown stain. Maybe blood, I do not know. Definately it did not come from me. I slept in my underwear, but it is very thin, right after the shower, so my body could had been moist a little when touched the sheet. If it was someone's blood, can I get HIV that way? I am very, very worried. Thank you
I thankyou for going through this question.Yesterday i killed a mosquito with my fingers. I think there was a small amount of blood. Around 30 seconds later i popped a pimple(blood came out). In case the blood contains HIV, do i have a risk of being infected. I am 15 years old and i really cant refer a doctor. Please help. Thanks
Hi I am really worried and not able to sleep properly. Please help me. Recently i visited the sex worker for the first time in life. She did a blow job with condom on and i dint go for penetration. But foolishly being foot fetishist i licked and sucker her feet for 10 minutes. Now i am worried whether if her feet had any dried blood or semen/sperm which i might have sucked. I serched through the site and others but could not get the answer to the specific scenario like mine. So can you please please help me know my chances of getting HIV through the activity ?
Hello. Sorry if this is a silly question. I went with my little brother to a shop, where we bought sliced bread. He opened the bag with the bread in our car, took a piece, eat it and then as he was giving back to me the bag I saw something red under his nail. It wiped off and I am afraid it was something transferred from the bread/bag (maybe someone during the process of making/slicing the bread and putting it into the bag cut himself or in the shop someone touched it whilst bleeding?) Anyhow, it could had transferred to the piece of bread he was eating. It was about 15 minutes between us buying the bread and him eating it. Is he at risk of HIV? I am very worried and not sure if I should tell my parents and tell them to take him to a doctor. Thank you
Dear AIDS Vancouver,
First off, I want to say how impressed I am by your website and its information.
I am a bisexual man and am trying to educate myself better on HIV prevention so I can have less anxiety about my sexuality and more empowerment to express it safely. There is so much info on the internet, and a lot of it is contradicting.
I have three questions for which I’m looking for thorough, research-based answers. (If you don’t mind just letting me know you’ve gotten this email, that would be great). To understand my questions, this is my experience: I met a guy recently, a stranger. He reports being HIV negative and on PREP but very sexually active. I stroked him for a few minutes but I’m not sure if he had pre-cum; he says he doesn’t think he did but is not sure. He did not ejaculate. He stroked me very briefly, I did not pre-cum or cum. That was it.
1. Does my experience constitute as mutual masturbation in your terms? Smart Sex Resource says mutual masturbation is a low-risk activity but is more theoretical than real. How is mutual masturbation theoretically a way to pass HIV? Do you have any statistics on this specific sexual act and HIV transmission?
2. My biggest concern is that somehow his precum got into my urethra when he stroked me. Can HIV pass through the urethra this way? Are there any cases of this happening?
3. Some websites say HIV can only be passed into the bloodstream. Other websites I’ve read say that it can also get though a cell membrane. (I know this question is connected to question number two, but I want to understand the difference between membrane and blood as ways of transmission and if both are, in fact, ways HIV can pass to someone, ie the inside of the urethra).
The more detailed you can be, the better. I’m a scientific guy. If you want to send me papers, stats, or research on these questions, I’d appreciate that too.
I will happily become a donor for your organization as I am so impressed by what you do.
Hi. Thank you so much for all the work that you're doing. I live in Zimbabwe. I was with a girl yesterday. So as we met up, I went in for a kiss but as we kissed she nicked my lower lip accidentally. It was a very light bite, hardly noticeable..I did not sense any bleeding in my mouth, but I'm not sure. So now I'm afraid that if she had HIV and for some reason there was blood in her mouth it might have been absorbed through that same cut..I immediately spat out the saliva from the kiss and when I got home in 10 minutes I washed the area thoroughly with running water. I kept checking the area for a visible cut or abrasion there was nothing and kept running my tongue there..However after about 10 minutes I tasted a small tiny amount of blood. I dont know whether the blood was from the cut or because I had been licking my lips in the area and touching the area. But when I got home before washing I did not see any cut or bruising or redness
1. Can HIV be transmitted to me this way via a small superficial cut? The cut was not bleeding at the time of the bite but when I got home and started cleaning/rubbing the area I noticed a tiny amount of blood. Do I need to go and get PEP?
2. I read some stories about police officers being bitten by HIV positive people and being put on PEP now I'm so scared. I am just assuming that she had no blood in her mouth
NB* I asked her about her HIV status she says she was tested in June and is negative (I saw her report). She even offered us to go and get tested together. Do I have reason to worry..
I know you're very busy but I wanted a quick response so that I can go and get PEP if necessary...Please help!
hi, i'm have OCD and things like contact with dried blood kind of make me panic. I was playing soccer in a gymnasium when i noticed a dark red stain drop on the floor. It was kind of the outline of a drop of dried blood. I'm not sure how old it was, but my concern is that i stepped of it. If i did, would this mean that my shoe is now carrying HIV? Could my shoe pass it onto my hands when i it off? And if i went to the bathroom or something else immediately after that or got a cut, could i acquire hiv?